Bookshelf maze caused major lag

mizeryschild's Avatar mizeryschild9/29/15 4:23 pm
1 emeralds 355 5
10/1/2015 1:25 pm
mizeryschild's Avatar mizeryschild
While building my themepark, I did a library maze. I was wondering why this area was lagging bad....I had no redstone, no machines, nothing but cobblestone, hardened clay, and stonebrick.....and about 2-3k bookshelves.

My fps over the bookshelves was 1 - 12... when I was away from it, it jumped back up to 60.

I can't find anything about why this would happen. Help?
mizeryschild
Level 10 : Journeyman Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/01/2015 1:25 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Network
mizeryschild
Thanks. Was hoping it was something I could easily fix. Well Poop. I'll just have to revise my maze. Thank you again.
09/29/2015 6:12 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Mage
ZachDevv
Bookshelves have multi-sided textures which is usually registered differently in Minecraft's API, meaning you have to render each side of the bookshelf (Top, Sides, Bottom). That would explain why, especially considering you have 2-3K bookshelves.
Hope I helped!
09/29/2015 5:24 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
funny bunny
I'd say the problem was probably having several thousand bookshelves.
09/29/2015 5:38 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
mmhmm i second you, if you wanna build a smancy fancy maze use blocks with less texturey stoofles it will be easier for your pc to render
09/29/2015 4:30 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
emore26
Hey, i accidently clicked on this link but i might be able to help. Here's what I think the problem is, You have a lot of objects/Blocks that your registering. This is probably making you lag. Try turning down render distance. Or download optifine. http://optifine.net/downloads This will help to speed up your minecraft, watch a guide how to install it Properly.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome