Can't join a server

Blood_Strike's Avatar Blood_Strike10/6/18 12:28 pm
10/8/2018 12:54 pm
Blood_Strike's Avatar Blood_Strike
Haven't been able to join a server i enjoy playing on lately. Sadly it's the only server i'm having problems connecting to. I'll get in and the world will load but i won't be able to interact with anything. I'll get a java error saying the connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. Any thoughts? I've tried making it so minecraft is allowed through the firewall already. i recently updated my java to 64-bit whenever the problem starting happening. Any help would be great thanks.
Blood_Strike
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/08/2018 11:14 am
Level 33 : Artisan Princess
ieryana
ok so we found the issue with that on our server (play.badapplesmc.com) was that the scoreboard in the world.dat files was too big, and that's caused by the plugin citizen.

Ergo, if it's too big it kicks off, or won't let, players with bad connection join, since 1.12 - the minecraft set up is that it kicks players if they're taking too long to join.

If you CAN join my server - then it's the server side issue, because we've fixed it.

If you can't join, still, then it's your issue.

Poor connections aren't joining as well since 1.13
10/08/2018 11:51 am
Blood_Strike
So the issue is that the server is kicking me for taking to long to join? Any way that could be fixed? I know the owner and they don't know what the problem is.
10/08/2018 12:27 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Princess
ieryana
If they don't have the citizen plugin then I don't know what the issue could be on their side.

It took me and another server owner like 3 weeks to figure it out....
10/08/2018 12:54 pm
Blood_Strike
They don't so that's not my issue.
10/06/2018 1:12 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
Is this a vanilla setup or are you also using plugins? Also: are you using the standard launcher or something else?

Updating Java usually won't matter because Minecraft uses its own JRE (Java Runtime Environment), assuming you didn't customize your profile. Judging by the error message it could be an issue with either them or a hiccup somewhere in between.

But before I can comment I really need more info.
10/06/2018 6:58 pm
Blood_Strike
From what i know the server is mostly vanilla, i'm using the standard launcher with no mods.
10/07/2018 4:42 am
ShelLuser
Gotcha. 1.13 or an earlier version?

In the mean time: have you made any changes to your video settings? A good thing to look out for is your "render distance": Go to your options, select video settings and then make sure that render distance sits around 10 chunks. 'Max framerate' is usually best set to unlimited.

There is a chance that the server tries to catch up with your client but for some reason can't and then disconnects you. So lowering the required amount to render could help in those situations.
10/07/2018 5:14 pm
Blood_Strike
The verison is 1.12.2, and i've tried setting my render distance to 2 chunks and i'm still having the same issues, putting framerate to maximum didn't fix it either.
10/07/2018 5:43 pm
ShelLuser
Nasty. Problem is that connection problems don't necessarily have to be caused by your Minecraft client. It could just as easily be a problem on their end or something which went wrong between your client and the server.

The following suggestion is a bit drastic but it can definitely help to rule out most possible problems on your end... Rename your Minecraft data folder; this will reset all your settings to default but without deleting anything.

Before you begin: make sure that you got the name / address of the server somewhere as well as your name / password to authenticate Minecraft again.
  • Open a file manager / browser and go to: %appdata% (so including the percentage characters).
  • You should see a folder called .minecraft. Rename it (usually you'd select it, press F2 and give it another name; 'minecraft.backup' for example).
  • Now fire up Minecraft again.
It's going to ask you to log on again, do so, and then you're going to have to make a new profile for 1.12.2 (I assume you know how to). When you do be sure not to change anything other than the Minecraft version. So don't mess with the Java options or settings just yet.

Then see what happens next. If you're still getting connection errors then I'm tempted to blame the server. Maybe you could then share the server name or if they have a PMC entry just point us to it (don't worry: I sincerely doubt anyone would pick that up as advertising). Then I'd like to try to connect as well to see if I can spot something out of the ordinary.

Also important: restoring your settings..
  • Fire up that file manager again and go to %appdata% once more.
  • Enter the .minecraft folder and remove everything in it. So: control-a and shift-del. Be very careful and double check that you're inside .minecraft and not some other folder!
  • Now go to your backup folder (the renamed one) and select everything, then press control-c. Then go back to the .minecraft folder and press control-v.
Now you should have all your previous stuff back. The reason you need to do it this way is because the name .minecraft is actually an illegal name in Windows. So you can't simply rename a folder back to .minecraft again.

Hope this can help a bit.
10/08/2018 10:32 am
Blood_Strike
I went ahead with all your steps and still having issues. I really don't know why it's causing issues with this server alone.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome