Combing sections of worlds

DeuxiemeCarlin's Avatar DeuxiemeCarlin9/27/18 4:36 pm
1 emeralds 198 8
9/28/2018 7:07 am
InfiniteCorners's Avatar InfiniteCorners

Alright, so here's the situation. I am attempting to create a compilation of some mazes that I have made. However, they are in several different worlds. What I could do is have several worlds in one zip file, with one main world, but I'd rather not do that, I'd prefer to have them all in one world. There are four worlds, 2 in 1.12.2, 2 in 1.13.1, each with 2 backup worlds, just to be safe. I also have a fifth, empty world that I'd like to put them in.

So how might I go about doing this? McEdit is not an option, as it does not load 1.13.1 worlds, Mods won't work, since there is no 1.13 forge yet (thinking of WorldEdit), I cannot put 1.13 worlds in 1.12.2 thanks to corruption, I'm starting to become a bit desperate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
DeuxiemeCarlin
Level 34 : Artisan Ranger

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/28/2018 7:07 amhistory
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
InfiniteCorners
Just move/rename the .mca region files. For instance you can feed the coordinates of the build here https://dinnerbone.com/minecraft/tools/coordinates/ to find out which region file your build is in. Once you've located the files you can rename them to the location you want. For instance if the maze is at x=15670 y=100 z=-5670 then it is located in region file r.30.-12.mca Selecting that region from the world folder will give you a 32x32 chunk area from bedrock to blockheight with your coordinates in them. Then renaming the file to r.1.1.mca will change where the game puts that world information to right near the spawn point. This is actually my preferred method of moving very large builds because it doesn't put any strain on resources unlike using mods like worldedit.

I feel like this should go without saying but you'll want to make sure the new map you are putting everything in is 1.13 and don't attempt to name regions the same thing. I know that's common sense but this is the internet so I figured I'd say it anyway.
09/27/2018 9:16 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Engineer
garlicbreathinator
While the new MCedit beta builds are just being released, other schematic-utilizing software has been completed. I would set up a local spigot server and use worldedit to turn the areas you need into schematics and then paste them into the main world.
09/27/2018 5:48 pmhistory
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
Have you tried this version of MCedit: https://github.com/Podshot/MCEdit-Unified-Preview/releases ?
Version 1.6.0.49 is the most stable one
09/27/2018 7:35 pm
DeuxiemeCarlin
No I have not, is it for 1.13?
09/28/2018 5:28 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
Might be, I haven't tested. It doesn't have all the 1.13 blocks in its system but it can deal with that using its "future block" mechanic. I do know it's compatible with the Bedrock equivalent of 1.13 Java though (Bedrock 1.5).
09/27/2018 4:59 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
The structure block can help; you can easily export those builds from the 1.12 worlds and then import them into your 1.13 world. I wrote a tutorial about 'm a while ago... this one here.

They do have a limitation: you can only save up to 35x35x35 sizes sections, but that doesn't have to be too much of a problem because you can easily split up a build. It also helps to save the "sub structure blocks" together with other sections of your build so that it'll be easier to load those afterwards, I explained some of this in my blog as well.
09/27/2018 5:02 pm
DeuxiemeCarlin
I'll try it out, thanks!

these builds are a whole lot bigger than that though. I'll see what I can do
09/27/2018 7:35 pm
DeuxiemeCarlin
Sadly, i do not think that it will work. My builds extend to several thousand blocks ._.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome