Command Block Help

dudecrush00's Avatar dudecrush004/30/15 4:52 pm
5/4/2015 7:00 am
TerraScript's Avatar TerraScript
Hey guys so I need some help with command blocks. I'm making a map that has secret passages and I want the blocks to appear on certain days in minecraft. Is there any way I can do that maybe using the setblock command?
dudecrush00
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/04/2015 7:00 am
Level 31 : Artisan Engineer
TerraScript
I'd set up a fill clock and constantly add a certain score to a dummy objective. One score would then equal one tick. Using basic division, and some googling, you could get this done. Ticks in a minecraft day is very important in your endeavor. I would then set up a command block that removes x amount of points (ticks) from the scoreboard. I would also set up a command block on the SAME fill clock (all of this is on the same fill clock) that sets a certain block to a redstone block. This redstone block can be used to keep the door open for a few seconds, a few minutes, etc. The command block at the end of the elongated pulse, long repeater line etc. will fill the passage's entrance back up with a block.

Contact me if you need help that I did not give you here.
05/03/2015 1:14 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
if you have 8 triggers you could set the 8th to put the value back to 0
04/30/2015 9:04 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
craftykids
To do it without command blocks, you could connect a daylight sensor to a pulse divider.
04/30/2015 8:40 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
you can do that, or set up a cycle of, well, 7 days, and cause a minecart to advance to the next trigger each time it becomes night/day. That way you can easily control the order in which it happens.

If you're comfortable with commandblocks, do the same thing with a dummy scoreboard. Set up a commandblock to test each value from 1 to 7, and reset it as soon as it reaches 8. Then you can use the system suggested by Skitto to count it, but it'll reset to 0.
05/02/2015 10:45 am
dudecrush00
How do I make it reset at the end of the cycle? Otherwise I have it pretty much figured out.
05/02/2015 10:55 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
Landissure

scoreboard players set @e[score_yourVariable_min=8] yourVariable 0

You'd need some sort of entity to be a scorekeeper.
05/02/2015 11:08 am
dudecrush00
I have a fake player on the scoreboard. Will this automatically reset or do I have to manually activate it.
04/30/2015 6:13 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Dragon
Skitto493
There's not really a way to do this in an easy-ish way.

You can set up a daylight timer, and whenever it goes off, it applies 1 of a score to a dummy player. When that dummy player reaches a certain number, you can apply the effects.

Use /scoreboard players test
04/30/2015 5:30 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Mage
XBlack_LeopardX
I don't know about certain days but you could set up a timer that when it ends it runs a command or two
04/30/2015 5:43 pm
dudecrush00
How would you do that?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome