Curse modpack issues mac

Factionsnarwhal's Avatar Factionsnarwhal11/20/18 1:14 am
1 emeralds 442 2
11/20/2018 4:07 pm
star_weaver's Avatar star_weaver
So I cant seem to be able to play modpacks through curse because whenever I try to launch the modpack, it never launches since it is using the jar launcher and not the native launcher. When I try to change the launcher options in the twitch settings for modpacks, the option is blocked out and I can not change it. I use a mac and I have watched several videos trying to figure it out. I also look through comment sections and see people commenting about the same issue but no solution. I am hoping one of you smart people can help me to get this to work. thanks
Factionsnarwhal
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/20/2018 4:07 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
is there a crashlog? if not then try updating java and if possible try setting curse to use the updated java, if not then try contacting curse support
11/20/2018 1:28 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Factionsnarwhal
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: Ignoring option PermSize; support was removed in 8.0
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException: java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader cannot be cast to java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.<init>(Launch.java:34)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

this was in the output of the game after it immediatly crashed secounds after pressing play on the old jar launcher of mc if it concerns anyone.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome