Custom boss fights

emeraldcore71's Avatar emeraldcore713/30/18 3:05 pm
1 emeralds 136 2
4/26/2018 6:59 pm
emeraldcore71's Avatar emeraldcore71
Hi there! I'm working on some bosses for a map and I came across some problems. I'm also not too great at commands :<

Here are the things I'm having trouble with:
1. If the player dies during the fight, how will I reset the boss fight for them? My idea was have them step on a pressure plate to set their difficulty to peaceful, then to normal again, but idk if thats the best way.

2. If the player defeats the boss, how will he/she get teleported to the next area? My first idea was for the boss to drop a lever to put on a door, but I don't want the arena to have a door in it. If there's any other way to do this, please let me know.

That's all the trouble I'm having for now. If anyone has ideas, please reply to this post.
Thank you!
emeraldcore71
Level 1 : New Mage

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/26/2018 6:59 pm
Level 1 : New Mage
emeraldcore71
1. My solution was to set the spawnpoint of the player on a pressure plate that also switches the difficulty to peaceful, then to normal again.

2. Yea, The bosses I want to make will have drops with them :/
03/30/2018 5:10 pm
Level 45 : Master Ranger
Greystalk
1. You could simply teleport the boss into the void and summon a new one .

2. Their are several you could do this, but I would probably do it this way. Set up a scoreboard that detects when a player has killed the boss mob. For example, if you used a skeleton, detect when a player has killed a skeleton. Then teleport anyone who has a skeleton kill score of one to the new area, and reset the score. It's a little complicated, but very efficient if you can figure it out. Really the only downside to this method is that the player will not be able to collect any drops if the boss has any because he will be teleported as soon as the boss dies.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome