Durability check?

VeeVeeBee's Avatar VeeVeeBee6/13/18 9:00 pm
1 emeralds 1.2k 5
6/16/2018 12:53 pm
thunderbolt73's Avatar thunderbolt73
I know there's a keystroke to show the durability of a tool. It's supposed to be fn+f3+h for me, since I have a laptop, but this doesn't work. All it does it open the normal f3 menu (because of the first two keys being fn+f3). Is there any other keystrokes possible to use for this, or is there any other order I can try? (I've already tried about every order of the keys, including not using the fn key in case that was causing the issue, but it seems nothing works.) Any help is appreciated. I use a Dell laptop with windows 10, if that matters.
VeeVeeBee
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/14/2018 9:22 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Network
thunderbolt73
Just install optifine.

Considering you are using a laptop, this is probably a good investment anyways.
06/14/2018 10:10 am
VeeVeeBee
Does optifine have a durability feature? I can't seem to find anything about that.
06/16/2018 12:53 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Network
thunderbolt73
Yes, it does.

Options -> Video Settings -> Other... -> Advanced Tooltips: ON
06/14/2018 12:27 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
If you press F3 (hold it) and then press q you'll get the help screen which will show you.

Opening the debug screen shouldn't be too much of a problem, just keep the keys pressed and then press either q for the help screen or h which is indeed the "advanced tooltips" option.

Just curious: what happens if you press F3 without the Fn key? Most laptops I'm aware off give you direct access to the function keys, the Fn key only activates extra (other) options.
06/14/2018 9:07 am
VeeVeeBee
fn + f3 opens the usual f3 menu with the coordinates and whatnot. Keystrokes including function keys do not work with my laptop because the keys are occupied with other functions (for example, my f3 key is a volume key). If I only press f3, f3 + q, or f3 +h it only changes my volume and performs anything I have bound to the key I pressed (in this case, f3 + q turns my volume up and drops my current tool). Normally, this is countered by pressing the fn key before doing the keystroke, but as I said, that doesn't work for some reason.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome