Embedding Youtube Videos

Nitrox Nova's Avatar Nitrox Nova11/27/18 2:09 pm
1 emeralds 813 2
11/30/2018 12:27 pm
Nitrox Nova's Avatar Nitrox Nova
Not sure if this is the right section, but I like to embed the youtube video on projects when I upload a map or schematic, to give context. However, it does not seem like the video view count increases on YT when someone watches the embedded video here on PMC. Can anyone confirm / deny this?
Nitrox Nova
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Robot

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/27/2018 9:29 pmhistory
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Cib
To add a YouTube video to your project, click on the Images & Video tab on the edit page of your submission. Enter the video code or URL into the provided box.
If you want to embed a YouTube video into your submission description, click the YouTube icon in the bar above the description box and enter the video's URL or code there.

I'm unsure to whether views from an embedded video are counted on other websites or pages but I would think it would as YouTube records the IP of a user once when viewing a video.
11/30/2018 12:27 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Robot
Nitrox Nova
I had read an article about how people used to embed a bunch of videos on one page, and play them all at the same time to increase views. Youtube stopped counting embedded views after that, but maybe PMC has a special deal with them. Anyway, I do know if I ever get to monetize, the ads will still play so it won't really matter. Thank you for responding, and have a happy day!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome