Essential kits not working

Trollex456's Avatar Trollex4569/30/16 1:30 pm
9/30/2016 4:02 pm
Hummed's Avatar Hummed
So i was doing some new kits whit essentials config file but there was some problem when i was saving it said do you want to save this document in text from if yes all ''something'' will be lost. so i did some thing and when i next time logged to my server there was none on the new kits only the essentials normal kits. those kits arent in the config anymore so can anybody help whit this. here is some config info http://pastebin.com/BfiGZYU6 thats the kits config part and here is the full confighttp://pastebin.com/MdBfTEUF.

EDIT: so i found out when you open the config file its name is config.yml.broken.(somenumbers). when i was saving it said something about connections that will be lost or something like that if theres no fix can some plz send a vanilla essentials config file
Trollex456
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/30/2016 4:02 pm
Level 1 : New Network
Hummed
No problem I didn't even catch that haha I was about to write you up a config file.

If you need anymore help just message me.

09/30/2016 3:49 pm
Trollex456
Okay so problem solved i used 4 hours to create this kits so the problem was that the config file didn't like about the + thing that i added like VIP+ it caused the error. so the thing i had to was put the kit "VIP+" and that didn't cause the error anymore so problem solved thanks to you Hummed for trying to help
09/30/2016 3:17 pm
Hummed
Alright , Could you give me the version for the server and essentials
09/30/2016 3:14 pm
Trollex456
yes but i found out that in hosting site that the config file is fully normal ? but in the ftp its changed well currently changing the hostings sites config file gonna msg you after that
09/30/2016 3:11 pm
Hummed
No problem , Did you delete the hole config file?
09/30/2016 3:07 pm
Trollex456
[deleted]
09/30/2016 2:55 pm
Trollex456
so theres a new problem im unable to delete the vanilla kits and its looks like the config file is the same as before there are all the kits i made whit the broken config
09/30/2016 3:02 pm
Hummed
Ah sorry I was a bit busy I'm available now hopefully my respond isn't to late anyhow , Could you provide me with a picture of your current essentials folder (inside of it where it lists config.yml, motd, rules etc..)
09/30/2016 2:16 pm
Trollex456
Thanks alot for your like really thanks i was spendig hours to solve this problem you can get a rank on my server if you want when its ready
09/30/2016 2:20 pm
Hummed
You're welcome , Its understandable. Thank you but I'm just helping people with server related issues. If you ever need more help you can contact here or no.emergency.call on skype if you need help.
09/30/2016 2:08 pm
Hummed
Correct delete the config.yml.broken and then start up your server and that will generate a new config.yml file which will not be broken as the last. Nope keep your essentials plugins in the server don't touch those just the config.yml make sure you have the server OFF before you delete it though.

No problem haha we all have to start somewhere!
09/30/2016 2:03 pm
Trollex456
so the config.yml.broken is the main essentials config file so do i have to delete that. so whats supposed happen when i delete the main config file do i have to delete the hole essentials plugin or will there a be new config file ? sorry i'm kinda noob whit all this plugin stuff
09/30/2016 1:58 pm
Hummed
so i found out when you open the config file its name is config.yml.broken.(somenumbers). when i was saving it said something about connections that will be lost or something like that if theres no fix can some plz send a vanilla essentials config file

Hi there , This is really simple to fix unless you have another error somewhere else that is messing with Essentials. However to fix this problem follow the steps below.

* Stop the server
* Open essentials folder
* locate all the config.yml.broken.(somenumbers) - Then delete those files -
* Delete any normal essentials "config.yml" file.
* However this will completely reset essentials config giving you a vanilla config file so you will have to start over but that is how easy it is. I recommend using KitAdder or EssentialsX you will have the option to make kits in game which will change the essentials config file. /createkit <name> <delay>
09/30/2016 1:53 pm
Hummed
Are you using kitadder or essentialsx?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome