Game crashed and world has disappeared from list?

aBouquetOfLlamas's Avatar aBouquetOfLlamas5/16/19 12:09 am history
1 emeralds 339 2
5/17/2019 2:59 pm
aBouquetOfLlamas's Avatar aBouquetOfLlamas
EDIT - SOLVED, not sure how to delete this thread lmao

I'm literally freaking out right now lol So, I was playing in a vanilla survival world (no mods, packs, etc) when my computer crashed. I was mid-saving the world as the crash occurred. I had to shut down and restart a bunch, then Windows decided to update... jump forward a few hours, I opened the game again only to find my world gone.

I can see the world in the "saves" files in my computer under the .minecraft folder, and I have multiple backups of it but I'm not sure how to open them. When I create a new world under the same name, it adds a "(1)" next to it, as if the world name already exists.

I usually don't invest anything in video games but I have put so much work into this world, I'd be devastated to lose it. Please, please help me if you can.

I'm playing version 1.14.1 in the latest snapshot on Windows 10 and have never had any problems before...

Thank you.
aBouquetOfLlamas
Level 1 : New Miner