General Server Help

Lucy_the_Cow's Avatar Lucy_the_Cow2/5/16 6:04 am
1 emeralds 220 3
2/6/2016 4:47 am
carbonawk's Avatar carbonawk
Hi all! I'm currently setting up a server and have come across a few issues. (Well, not issues - more me unsure on what to do.)

Problem 1: World Guard & Per Group Perms
Okay, my main issue is this. Say we have two groups, Zombie & Squid. When Zombie goes to say, the cave (which is in its own world-guard region) I'd like it so that when Zombie is in this area they get an extra 2 hearts of health. But when Squid enters this area, nothing changes. However, when Squid enters and underwater village (also world-guarded) I'd like them to get an extra 2 hearts of health, and their group only. I'd like for this to happen with speed too, say, when each group is in its own area they get /speed 2 instead of /speed 1?

What plugin would I need to achieve this?

On the topic of WorldGuard, can I disable certain groups for setting home in certain areas?

Problem 2: Permission Per Warp?
I'd like for only certain players to have access to a certain warp. Lets use the Zombie & Squid example again. Zombie can access the cave through ./warp cave, but Squid cannot. But Squid can access ./warp watervillage without Zombie being able to.

I'm hoping this is an Essentials thing, but not sure.

I'd also like for players to be able to "unlock" warps - say for instance they visit a certain area, they can unlock the warp for that area.

Problem 3: Boss Plugin
Not really a problem, but more of a question - which boss plugin would you recommend? I'm looking to make several bosses, but of different types & perks.

--

Thanks everyone in advance for the help, and if I have any more issues I'll update the post. c:
Thanks guys!
~~Lucy
Lucy_the_Cow
Level 38 : Artisan Ladybug

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/06/2016 4:47 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Cake
carbonawk
Lucy_the_Cow
Okay, my main issue is this. Say we have two groups, Zombie & Squid. When Zombie goes to say, the cave (which is in its own world-guard region) I'd like it so that when Zombie is in this area they get an extra 2 hearts of health. But when Squid enters this area, nothing changes. However, when Squid enters and underwater village (also world-guarded) I'd like them to get an extra 2 hearts of health, and their group only. I'd like for this to happen with speed too, say, when each group is in its own area they get /speed 2 instead of /speed 1?

Maybe you can do something with this? http://docs.enginehub.org/manual/worldg ... ight=group I haven't tried it myself but that's all I got on this subject. Although it may not be ideal.
/region flag spawn -g nonmembers pvp deny

Adds any number of members to a region. Using g:<member> will add a permission group instead of a player.

Lucy_the_Cow
I'd also like for players to be able to "unlock" warps - say for instance they visit a certain area, they can unlock the warp for that area.

This plugin may help with it, although have not used it myself.

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/uwarp/
http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/discoverwarps/

I do not use both and can't really advice you on this topic.

There, that should bring you a bit further
02/06/2016 3:38 am
Level 38 : Artisan Ladybug
Lucy_the_Cow
devioursoul
Lucy_the_Cow

Not sure if achievable.

Mhmm, is it possible to have certain groups regen faster in a certain area?

devioursoul
Lucy_the_Cow
On the topic of WorldGuard, can I disable certain groups for setting home in certain areas?

This can be done by doing per world permissions, can't think of something else right now.

devioursoul
Lucy_the_Cow
I'd like for only certain players to have access to a certain warp. Lets use the Zombie & Squid example again. Zombie can access the cave through ./warp cave, but Squid cannot. But Squid can access ./warp watervillage without Zombie being able to.

Edit this in essentials.
# Set this true to enable permission per warp.
per-warp-permission: false

Than in your permission plugin give them this permission
essentials.warps.[warpname]

Thank you so much! The cities are all on the same world though. S:

devioursoul
Lucy_the_Cow

If you do per world permissions with warps you can add those warps only to the world they are on. However I can see this getting messy, and just setting up a group or custom plugin may be recommended.

Maybe I might be able to set up a command block to ./manuaddp the essentials.warp.[name] to the player?

devioursoul
Lucy_the_Cow
Not really a problem, but more of a question - which boss plugin would you recommend? I'm looking to make several bosses, but of different types & perks.

Mythicmobs is highly customizable but rather difficult to master. But there are scripts uploaded by other people, you can find those here http://mythicmobs.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=9&sid=238c66c33ccbf7546bf7cf4028e392ef

You can find the plugin here
You can find it here: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/mythicmobs/

Hope that helps you some what.

Thank you so much! It really did help.
02/05/2016 7:07 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Cake
carbonawk
Lucy_the_Cow

Not sure if achievable.

Lucy_the_Cow

This can be done by doing per world permissions, can't think of something else right now.

Lucy_the_Cow

Edit this in essentials.
# Set this true to enable permission per warp.
per-warp-permission: false

Than in your permission plugin give them this permission
essentials.warps.[warpname]

Lucy_the_Cow

If you do per world permissions with warps you can add those warps only to the world they are on. However I can see this getting messy, and just setting up a group or custom plugin may be recommended.

Lucy_the_Cow

Mythicmobs is highly customizable but rather difficult to master. But there are scripts uploaded by other people, you can find those here http://mythicmobs.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=9&sid=238c66c33ccbf7546bf7cf4028e392ef

You can find the plugin here
You can find it here: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/mythicmobs/

Hope that helps you some what.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome