Ghost block?

Denisowator's Avatar Denisowator5/19/16 11:44 pm
1 emeralds 275 2
5/21/2016 12:16 pm
ProHelper's Avatar ProHelper
I want a block that you can walk through, but I need it only for the purpose of a beacon working under a roof.

I've tried using falling sand that's riding an armor stand, and although that's the best thing I can think of, the falling sand disappears after a while no matter what.

I've tried placing the block of choice on the armor stand as a helmet, but that makes it really small, and I need it to look just like a normal block.

Basically I want to have a full block that acts like a transparent block in regards to beacons.
Denisowator
Level 20 : Expert Warrior

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/21/2016 12:16 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
ProHelper
This is simple. You don't need a ghost block to be able to make beacons work through blocks. You could use texelelf's McEdit Lighting Bug filter to trick the beacon into thinking that there is sky above and then it will work. How beacons work is they see if the "skylight" level above them is 15. Then, if the value is 15, they can be activated.

Here is texelelf's video:
[yt]www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0Z5ZHpHmA4[/yt]
05/20/2016 1:39 am
Level 70 : Legendary Engineer
Bertiecrafter
you could use a minecart with furnace (this is the only block that won't open a menu, besides one with a cmd block) and then use datatags to change it into something else.

You place the minecart under the floor in a well lit area and then use the data tags to move the block up, until it reaches desired y level.

/summon MinecartFurnace ~ ~ ~ {CustomDisplayTile:1,DisplayTile:"minecraft:<block>",DisplayData:<sub-id>,DisplayOffset:#}

The offset is 16 for every block upwards.
So if you want the block to appear two blocks up, use 32
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome