Graphical Glitch on 1.8

hiko_bellick's Avatar hiko_bellick10/26/14 9:28 pm
1 emeralds 1.6k 29
11/4/2014 7:17 pm
deadbuilder_1's Avatar deadbuilder_1
I sometimes get the glitchy grachics as shown in the picture linked below.
It is unpredictable when this happens.
I am applying no mods for this version 1.8.

Any information would be much appreciated

http://postimg.org/image/ofle0qvw3/

My Spec Info

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140706-1506)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8112MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

[Display]
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Display Memory: 4022 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1974 MB
Shared Memory: 2048 MB

[Java] version 8
hiko_bellick
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/04/2014 7:17 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Architect
deadbuilder_1
hiko_bellick

Since I bought a new graphic card and came across some problems when playing minecraft, I have been trying to figure out what the problem is for a while now. One thing that's clear to me is that Nvidia card sucks at least for a minecrafter. My card also crushes off and on for some unknown reason when Im playing the game.

Get an r9 280x thats what I got and it's beast
11/04/2014 7:15 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Architect
deadbuilder_1
Forget 1.8 and go back to 1.7.10 where all the servers are still at because of those developers.
11/04/2014 7:09 pm
hiko_bellick
I was told that this is the problem caused by my graphic card and my report was labelled as invalid on Mojang's official bug report site. Well... ok, maybe that's true.

Since I bought a new graphic card and came across some problems when playing minecraft, I have been trying to figure out what the problem is for a while now. One thing that's clear to me is that Nvidia card sucks at least for a minecrafter. My card also crushes off and on for some unknown reason when Im playing the game.

10/28/2014 9:03 pm
hiko_bellick
I reported this at the Mojang's official bug report site myself and happened to find an old post by someone who experienced quite a similar issue though with one of the older versions.
https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-35881

This problem seems to have something to do with the mipmap level in the video settings. Tweaking this option is worth a try for anyone having a similar issue.

But the graphics (especially the texture in the distance) gets worse as you lower the setting and this needs to be fixed anyway because just choosing one of the options should not cause any problem at least when you have a decent spec.
10/28/2014 4:10 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Miner
KJP12
RoboShadow
hiko_bellickOnce this glitch happens, it cannot be fixed even by setting the rendering distance to "2." I have to restart the game from the launcher, which means I have to "quit game" on the title screen, not just "save and quit to title."

Despite the advice from some people here, which I really appreciate, lowering the render distance should not be the solution. Based on the spec of my pc, I believe I am not expecting too much when I just want the game to work properly, without any mods and at the humble (?) render distance of "16 ."

You know, I exchanged the graphics board, power unit and also added a memory card. When I am not even using shader or anything, I cannot allow this kind of glitch to keep happening!

Try getting more RAM from http://www.downloadmoreram.com/

You can't just get RAM from downloading it. It is, what I like to call it, Lagware.
RAM is Random Access Memory, meaning the Motherboard have to have the RAM installed directly. If you install that software, you are downloading viruses, or lagware, that takes RAM, then makes it.
10/27/2014 7:47 pm
hiko_bellick
RoboShadowTry getting more RAM from http://www.downloadmoreram.com/

I meant RAM card when i mistakenly wrote "memory card."

Did you check my spec info in the first post and still think I need more RAM?
10/27/2014 7:41 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
RoboShadow
And what brand (if it is prebuilt) is it? And have you tried lowering your render distance to the lowest yet?
10/27/2014 7:40 pm
RoboShadow
hiko_bellickOnce this glitch happens, it cannot be fixed even by setting the rendering distance to "2." I have to restart the game from the launcher, which means I have to "quit game" on the title screen, not just "save and quit to title."

Despite the advice from some people here, which I really appreciate, lowering the render distance should not be the solution. Based on the spec of my pc, I believe I am not expecting too much when I just want the game to work properly, without any mods and at the humble (?) render distance of "16 ."

You know, I exchanged the graphics board, power unit and also added a memory card. When I am not even using shader or anything, I cannot allow this kind of glitch to keep happening!

Try getting more RAM from http://www.downloadmoreram.com/
10/27/2014 6:38 pm
hiko_bellick
Once this glitch happens, it cannot be fixed even by setting the rendering distance to "2." I have to restart the game from the launcher, which means I have to "quit game" on the title screen, not just "save and quit to title."

You know, I exchanged the graphics board, power unit and also added a RAM card. When I am not even using shader or anything, I cannot allow this kind of glitch to keep happening!
10/27/2014 4:13 pm
RoboShadow
Do you have any graphical settings enabled rather in-game or in the Nvidia control panel like anisotropic filtering?
10/27/2014 5:48 pm
hiko_bellick
I checked the item in the Nvidia control panel and it was "Application Controlled." Can you tell me what you meant to suggest by asking that?
10/27/2014 6:18 pm
RoboShadow
Whenever I turn on AF in the CCC it makes all the blocks have a small glitched line outlining them.
10/27/2014 4:05 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Warrior
basketballer05
I have this problem, too, just put your render distance down to 10, that is what works for me, I don't know what the problem is either.
10/27/2014 9:14 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
Tey
Really easy fix; Lower your render distance
10/27/2014 12:03 pm
hiko_bellick
Thanks for the reply.
But this problem happens when I have the render distance at 12, which I don't believe is very high. If I actually have to lower the render distance than 12, that means I have wasted my money on the graphics card, which I bought for Minecraft!
10/27/2014 2:54 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Modder
searchndstroy
Most servers don't have their render distance on 12+. (Probably 6 or 7.)
10/27/2014 5:43 pm
hiko_bellick
The problem also happens in the single play.
10/27/2014 4:12 am
Level 34 : Artisan Steve
starrynight
Check the Y part on F3. You might have gone too far from spawn.
10/27/2014 8:53 am
hiko_bellick
Thanks for the reply.
But I don't believe that is the problem, it happens when the spawn in just nearby.
10/27/2014 4:16 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Miner
KJP12
You mean X, and Z. Y is the height.
10/26/2014 9:58 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Modder
searchndstroy
Enable block VBO's.
10/27/2014 4:08 am
hiko_bellick
Thank for the advice, but it didn't work
10/26/2014 9:53 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
ZOELUVSPONYS
Thats odd... but its awesome! I dont know why you want it gone i mean, seriously!
10/27/2014 4:09 am
hiko_bellick
yeah, I would love it if this was something I can do intentionally.
10/26/2014 9:52 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
ZOELUVSPONYS
Thats odd... but its awesome! I dont know why you want it gone i mean, seriously!
10/26/2014 9:43 pm
hiko_bellick
Thanks for quick replies, guys.

DarkFadeLinkI'm sure It's because the render distance is too high up... You know what I mean right..? It happened to me and all I had to do was lower down the render distance.

If this doesn't help then I don't know what will

I usually set my render distance to 16. Do you think this is too high for my spec? What is your spec and setup?
10/26/2014 9:37 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
DarkFadeLink
I'm sure It's because the render distance is too high up... You know what I mean right..? It happened to me and all I had to do was lower down the render distance.

If this doesn't help then I don't know what will
10/26/2014 9:40 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Reer123
I had mine at the lowest, still didn't work, I was playing an adventure map and it just blocked half the map...
10/26/2014 9:32 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Reer123
Happens to me all the time, really really annoying! There was this black "shape" that roamed the land randomly doing damage to me! No fix that I know of.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome