forum Forumsplay_arrow Minecraft fiber_manual_record Help

Growing a server?

5 emeralds15 replies153 views
created 02/11/2019 5:42 pm by TomConn
last reply 02/12/2019 3:01 pm
Hello PMC :)
So today I want to reach out to the server owners, and the players of this community and ask a fairly simple question that I think most of you can answer.

How do you make your server grow?

To be more specific - How do I make my creative server grow? At the moment we're fairly new so I don't expect it to just explode into the hall of fame, but I am very curios to know how You grow / would grow your server :p

Any answer is helpful, :D
-TomConn
Posted by avatar
TomConn
Level 40 : Master Pixel Puncher

15 replies

02/11/2019 6:26 pm
Level 44 : Master Dinosaur
DinowCookie
Two simple steps:

1. Never share all your secrets
2. -

😉

On a more serious note though, it very much depends on what kind of community you are trying to run. I think in your case, with a creative freebuild server, hosting some in-game building contests or events every once in a while will help you engage members. \o/
02/12/2019 8:12 am
TomConn
Well we do have plans for a building contest next month, but I gotta speak with some of the PMC staff about it because I want to give out a Steam Giftcard like they do here on PMC :D
02/12/2019 8:17 am
Level 44 : Master Dinosaur
DinowCookie
I'm not sure you have to speak with staff about that first. I think it's something you can just do :) as long as you don't require any personal information other than their steam profile to send your gift to.
02/11/2019 6:31 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Mage
_Phantismo
In my experience its
advertising (nicely)
and patience

i wont tell you where to advertise as theres TONS of places to find that out
02/12/2019 8:13 am
TomConn
02/12/2019 9:38 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Mage
_Phantismo
np!
02/11/2019 6:27 pm
Level 45 : Master Archer
SackboyRocks
You need to interact with your community as much as possible. Make a discord, a forum, or a twitter and promote it on the server. This will keep current players coming back.

As for getting new players, post your server literally everywhere imaginable without it being invasive or spam, and use votifier. On my server, there's usually a direct correlation between how many players are voting on the server and how many new players are joining. Encourage people to vote by rewarding them with worldedit, some form of currency, or ranks on your server.
02/12/2019 8:13 am
TomConn
I think that's a little hard to do - I get what you mean but the point of the server was to avoid this "You have to do this, to get this" but I'll deftly think about another way to get around it :p
02/12/2019 3:01 pm
Level 45 : Master Archer
SackboyRocks
I agree 100%, but that's really the only method of growing servers without dipping into your bank account on advertisements. You can also post and bump your server here on pmc every 24 hours but it doesn't work nearly as well as it used to :/
02/11/2019 5:54 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Architect
BRASHEXODUS
tons of voting sites no pay to play

more than one plot

with my experience server hopping each creative i found that they lack leadership and freedom such as you get one 50x50 plot and thats it youd have to purchase a rank to get another which disables the freedom now you could always do a rank system based on blocks placed or building quality to move on to another and keep players intrigued. i would also recommend fawe and builder utilities those are some useful tools. also get a server trailer made that indulges players have a discord where you can host things and giveaways also just have fun c:
02/12/2019 8:10 am
TomConn
I'll try and make a server trailer, and make the Discord more visible. I'll also try and look into the Builder utilities and see if it can run with a 1.13.2 server
Thanks Brash (And even more thanks for actually checking the server out and playing there : D )
02/11/2019 5:52 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Engineer
DiggerMcGee
We use our creative worlds for R&D and video production. But we grant access to our SMP players as a ranking reward.
02/12/2019 8:09 am
TomConn
So rewards for ranking up would mean you get a sort of reward?
02/11/2019 5:45 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
GamingCipher
creative servers arent that popular but i would post it on alot of websites and offer a reward for people to play etc...
02/12/2019 8:08 am
TomConn
Thanks, I'll deftly set up some sort of reward system :p

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome