Help on villager summoning

Striker999's Avatar Striker9999/25/18 9:29 pm
1 emeralds 146 2
9/26/2018 11:31 am
TheCyanShyGuy's Avatar TheCyanShyGuy
I am working on my world and I am wondering how to summon a villager with a custom trade that sells a named item. If someone could help thanks!
Striker999
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/26/2018 11:31 am
Level 32 : Artisan Explorer
TheCyanShyGuy
go to mc stacker and use the villager summoning generator, or watch Xisumavoids tutorial here

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptf0L5rPoqU
09/25/2018 11:37 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
The best way to solve that problem, in my opinion, is the Minecraft wiki: the villager page. It has a data value section which is basically an overview of properties which you need to specify to make this work, pay special attention to the Offers:{}, that's what you need.

So let's do something simple as example: a villager which will trade my head for 3 diamond blocks.

First we need to determine the villagers Profession, Career and the level. Not only does this determine the looks, it can also influence the trades which are automatically generated. I'll just use a butcher for that extra "scary" effect and set his level to an amount where it won't generate more trades. You will notice that I split up the command, I do that to make it easier on myself and keep track of all the opening and closing sections:

/summon minecraft:villager ~-3 ~ ~ {
CustomName:"\"Scary villager\"",Profession:4,Career:1,CareerLevel:4,Offers:{Recipes:[
{rewardExp:1,maxUses:9999,
buy:{id:"minecraft:player_head",Count:1b,tag:{SkullOwner:"ShelLuser"}},
sell:{id:"minecraft:diamond_block",Count:1b}
}
]}}

And if you want to add a new trade you simply add another {} section behind the single closing curly bracket.

Hope this can help.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome