How can I spawn an item in Minecraft w/ a message?

Shqipeboys's Avatar Shqipeboys2/26/17 11:52 am
1 emeralds 624 6
3/26/2017 4:24 pm
Breeochta's Avatar Breeochta
I want to spawn an item in so that when I hover my mouse over it, it shows me a custom message. Anybody know the command?
Shqipeboys
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/26/2017 4:24 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Architect
Breeochta
I'm not sure what plugin our server uses, but I can always do /item <item> <amount> name:<Name> lore:<Description>

You can use color codes to color the words. And remember to put an underscore instead of space.
03/13/2017 2:15 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
PokemonArmy114
The easiest way to mess around with items is to use give generators. You dont need to do much, just paste in the command and it will do everything for you
03/12/2017 10:05 pm
Shqipeboys
Nickiosaurus
ShqipeboysI want to spawn an item in so that when I hover my mouse over it, it shows me a custom message. Anybody know the command?

To be honest it's hard for me to determine what your looking for. I'm guessing that you want an item in your inventory to give additional information when you hover over it with the mouse.

Here is an example of a /give command for an item with Lore:
/give @a minecraft:stone_sword 1 0 {display:{Name:"Magic Sword",Lore:["Lore line 1.","Lore line 2.","Lore Line etc."]}}
Additional help can be found here, underneath the display NBT tag:
http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutorials/Command_NBT_tags

If this did not help, please respond with a more detailed description of what you would like to achieve.

That is actually exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much!!

But is there any way I can also spawn it with enchantments? I know the way to enchant something when you spawn it would be /give @a minecraft:stone_sword 1 0 {ench:[[{id:16,lvl:3}]} but I can't figure out how to add that onto the code you gave me
03/04/2017 6:19 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragon
ICEThat
Using the name and lore tags in the above posts would be good for this purpose
03/04/2017 6:12 pm
Level 21 : Expert Blockhead
Zoyarox
If you truly want to SPAWN in an item, you can give it a name. It used to be only be visible when looking at the item, but from 1.9 or so onward it will always display it's name.
So if that is fine for you, use this: (1.11)

/summon minecraft:item ~ ~10 ~ {PersistenceRequired:1,CustomNameVisible:1,CustomName:TEST2,Item:{tag:{display:{Name:TEST}},id:stone,Count:1}}

Cool thing about this is, you can name the summoned item something (TEST2) and when picked up it will have a different name (TEST).
03/04/2017 2:37 pm
Nickiosaurus
ShqipeboysI want to spawn an item in so that when I hover my mouse over it, it shows me a custom message. Anybody know the command?

To be honest it's hard for me to determine what your looking for. I'm guessing that you want an item in your inventory to give additional information when you hover over it with the mouse.

Here is an example of a /give command for an item with Lore:
/give @a minecraft:stone_sword 1 0 {display:{Name:"Magic Sword",Lore:["Lore line 1.","Lore line 2.","Lore Line etc."]}}
Additional help can be found here, underneath the display NBT tag:
http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutorials/Command_NBT_tags

If this did not help, please respond with a more detailed description of what you would like to achieve.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome