forum Forumsplay_arrow Minecraft fiber_manual_record Help

How does one make a server spawn?

1 emerald20 replies242 views
created 03/31/2016 3:11 pm by Denisowator
last reply 04/03/2016 3:24 pm
I'm not talking about setting a server spawnpoint. I'm talking about making those huge areas from which you go to the world around you (in survival freebuild servers). I set up a private server, but I'm really struggling to figure this out. How do you decide where you're going to have enough space to flatten the land, and how exactly do you flatten it?

It would help so much if someone with such a server replied.

If you're having trouble picturing what I'm talking about, have a look at the Free World spawn. It's massive, full of colossal structures, and all on flat land. And yet it still doesn't make the land around its edges look weird or ugly.

I don't want anything too big, just a descent sized shop to sell everything in the game, the spawnpoint, and whatever else a survival freebuild server needs at the spawn.
Posted by avatar
Denisowator
Level 14 : Journeyman Warrior

20 replies

04/03/2016 10:07 am
Level 24 Expert Blockhead
Nitwick
I think you need to clarify your question as I am not sure I am on center, and it appears other folks here aren't as well (though a few do look like they just didn't care ^.^). I'll answer as best as I can, but if that doesn't work you need to reword the question.

To find the space in the first place? Unless you have a really specific place in mind I suggest going with plains as they are easiest to work with and require the least after-cut attention. Still, you could, with the above put a location anywhere honestly.

But you want worldedit when doing it, even more so if the region is in a mountainous region. Do *not* get cold feet if you think putting a region in a place not so easy to blend would be difficult. Worst comes to worst I could help with it at some point.

After cutting the land section:
-completely eradicate border mountains, flat-merge them into the area. Too much of a pain to smooth. Of course, this isn't necessary if you find a nice flat region in the first place.
-normal ish sections of the ground, like dirt two or three blocks up, can be fixed with the smooth brush.
-If water is involved it might be annoying, but you could worldedit in sections of underwater ground material and smooth that out too without it coming out too bad. It does however look ugly if you just leave it.
-I'd look at and take special care to smooth the corners to reduce the chance of a cube look.
-If you're making a segment in the water try and make that natural unless you intend to make the whole thing a building that will take care of the water anyways. That would include smoothing the corners out.

To find the space in the first place? Unless you have a really specific place in mind I suggest going with plains as they are easiest to work with and require the least after-cut attention. Still, you could, with the above put a location anywhere honestly.

But you want worldedit when doing it.
04/03/2016 3:24 pm
Level 14 Journeyman Warrior
Denisowator
You say you didn't quite understand what I was asking, but you gave the best answer so far!
04/03/2016 5:44 am
Level 27 Expert Toast
Limey_Limes
Look up some tutorials on world edit and voxel sniper, they are both great tools/plugins for building.
04/03/2016 3:24 pm
Denisowator
k, I'll do that. thx.
04/03/2016 4:40 am
Level 5 Apprentice Explorer
ItzTaken
Lol if you want help do /help worldedit dont ask the pmc.
04/03/2016 5:29 am
Denisowator
What are you talking about? I'm never said anything about using worldedit.
04/03/2016 4:34 am
Level 5 Apprentice Explorer
ItzTaken
If you want the center, select an area with worldedit and do //center (block)
04/03/2016 4:37 am
Denisowator
Did you even read the thread's first post?
04/02/2016 11:45 am
Level 11 Journeyman Engineer
loganCk
Download a server spawn, upload it to your server, give the builder credits, enjoy.
04/03/2016 2:38 am
Denisowator
Neither does this answer my question, nor solve my problem in the slightest.
04/03/2016 4:29 am
Level 32 Artisan Explorer
avrona
Like I said, just make it superflat.
04/03/2016 4:36 am
Denisowator
How would that work though? I don't want my server on a superflat world. There would be nothing to do.
04/03/2016 4:40 am
avrona
Why wouldn't there be anything to do? What type of server are you making?
04/03/2016 5:30 am
Denisowator
A freebuild survival server.
04/02/2016 11:36 am
avrona
Just make the server world superflat. That's what I did on my server.
04/01/2016 11:23 am
Level 1 New Miner
Kranos
Get worldedit and use //brush smooth
04/01/2016 12:31 pm
Denisowator
Thx, I'll try that.
04/01/2016 5:59 am
avrona
You just build it. Some people have big enough build teams and a lot of time to build huge ones. I just built a small but beutiful spawn and it is fine.
04/01/2016 10:40 am
Denisowator
k, thank you.
*goes into minecraft* ..... soo................ uuuuum....... how?
I don't think you read my question properly. I'm not looking to make all those massive structures. I just want to know how to make a big flat area of land, that will not look weird around the edges and will fit with the rest of the world.

Search

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2018
planetminecraft.com

Welcome