Looking for critiques

HardcoreMinecraftHub's Avatar HardcoreMinecraftHub3/24/17 12:26 pm
3/24/2017 5:37 pm
raidarr's Avatar raidarr
ive spend the last month slaving over this server doing revisions and fine tuning everything on my new server. I need some people to hop on and leave a comment about what you think ! I'd appreciate anyone who did
minecraftraiding.net is the ip thank you
HardcoreMinecraftHub
Level 6 : Apprentice Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/24/2017 5:37 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Few minutes online, got a first impression as noted below. More content beyond what I wrote would need a more comprehensive review. :p

For the intended purpose, it is good. A fairly well executed factions server with permissions that are well configured and a solid amount of polish. A few notes:

-Spawn is a very common download. While many folks don't care, some do, and they won't be impressed. Nothing about the spawn stands out. Also, half the outer ring of the spawn is claimed as safezone, and the other half is claimed as warzone.
-Green text on the rules board slightly blends in with the background (for vanilla textures).
-"WE HAVE UNIQUE FEATURES" I didn't see anything on the boards that struck me as unique for a factions server. Indeed, there's nothing at a glance that seems unique at all. It's a well executed factions server, but like the green text on the rules board, it blends in with the background. May want to make it more clear what exactly the server has over other servers when claiming that it has "unique" features, and note what other factions servers have when calling things unique. I wouldn't consider gaining 10% of another player's balance upon killing them to be particularly unique.

All in all, the server is decent and has a well executed presentation, but the sustainability is fragile and depends on people not deciding that other servers with very similar features are the better selections. Not much you can do about that short of rebuilding the server again, so I'll leave it at that.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome