Make Me A Bukkit Server?:(

ricardomilosbigfan's Avatar ricardomilosbigfan12/30/11 3:47 pm
12/30/2011 6:13 pm
ericroxs112's Avatar ericroxs112
Hey everyone... Well unfortunately I've tried multiple times, and the farthest I got was to where you need to log in with your router's user and pass. I don't know it. And I've tried Google and everything for passwords and stuff, but no such luck.
So what I'm about to ask is a big favor: Can someone make me a bukkit server?
And I hope I can strike a deal. I want FULL control of this server. And I mean FULL control.
I don't want to sound like a bitch or anything, but I want my own server. All I'm asking is for someone to make it for me. I will give credit on the server about who made it, do not worry! But I just need a bukkit server made. I will also allow the person who MADE the server to be an admin or a moderator, depending on their attitude or viewing aspects of making the server. Please send me a PM or comment on this saying when you can or what you would like to do! Here are my needs:
☆ MUST be a bukkit server.
☆ NO HAMACHI! Must be port fowarded!
☆ Complete control over the server.
☆ A good, willingly person to make this server. Of course, a reward is included!
(Optional)☆ A few tips from an experienced bukkit server creator. (Can be posted in the comments)
Thank you so much!!! ♥
ricardomilosbigfan
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/30/2011 6:13 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
ericroxs112
I host minecraft servers (all kinds) with my payment being a admin or moderator of the server. if you would like me to host your server then please message my planetminecraft account with your ip and the server kind you want.
12/30/2011 5:42 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Ninja
rishab1234
12/30/2011 4:28 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
mike12345567
NyanKitty I don't think anyone here will be willing to give up their own computer to run a server for you without a payment.

Your best option would be to rent some server space from someone like redstonehosts, they do some very cheap deals, although they do not give you much processing power at the lower tiers.

Built into the price is also the set up of the server, although you are still required to manage it and install plugins/bukkit.

If you are not willing to pay for server space then I do not for see someone giving you their computing power. Servers require a lot of RAM, and usually a good bit of processing power, as well as munching up the bandwidth.

The best you could do is attempt to find a server that will allow you to become an admin/help out, maybe push the server in the direction you would like to see.

On the front of making your own server I would suggest working out how to reset your router, this will sometimes reset the password/username, then look up your routers default username/password and use this.

I would also say that the running/maintenance of a computer can be quite tiresome if you wish it to be public, as well as costly, you will probably need to upgrade parts and install faster storage methods so the saving of the map doesn't lag the server out.

Servers also cost quite a bit in electricity to run 24/7, as I assume you would wish it to be.

All in all, I would suggest you look to join a server as a admin, if you have the computing ability/power and time to run your own server look into getting your router back to factory settings then go from there, and if you have cash for it rent some server space.
12/30/2011 4:21 pm
rishab1234
Nyan there is a program called Simple Port Foward. Its a free download and you don't need a password for it. You just have to add the ports 25565 for both and you have to open your firewall to ports 25565. There is a tool in SPF that checks that your router is portfowarded. Hope that helps
12/30/2011 4:25 pm
ricardomilosbigfan
This helps me a LOT. Do you have a link to it or have you just heard of it or seen it?
12/30/2011 4:17 pm
ricardomilosbigfan
eghad2@ nyankitty
I understand your frustration. I can help you two ways:
i can give you server files and hamachi and all you have to do is turn on and play

☆ MUST be a bukkit server.
☆ NO HAMACHI! Must be port fowarded!
12/30/2011 4:16 pm
Level 22 : Expert Narwhal
vikingman1997
Just use a server host, you cant expect someone to set up and run a server for you if they only get staff or admin,
12/30/2011 4:18 pm
ricardomilosbigfan
What else can I give them?! Being admin or mod means access to pretty much everything in the server! I can't give them half of the world...
12/30/2011 4:04 pm
Level 48 : Master Answer
-Rusty
Well, you are sort of sounding like a bitch dude... And who ever makes the Server.. only gets Mod, or Admin?? That sounds like a pretty bad deal...

Also, for the password, try this..
Username: Administrator
Password: Password, or Administrator

Hope I helped a little
12/30/2011 4:09 pm
ricardomilosbigfan
Well I cant give them much. I mean really... >_> And if i gave them admin or mod, they pretty much have permission to everything in the server. What more can I give?
12/30/2011 4:02 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
eghad2
@ nyankitty
I understand your frustration. I can help you two ways:
i can give you server files and hamachi and all you have to do is turn on and play.

OR i could give you instructions which do you prefer?

@Dea
is your server up yet?
12/30/2011 3:57 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Miner
Deo
Hmm,i'm currently working on a bukkit server (Fixing plugins and building spawn) and i could let you join my server and be Co-owner,that means you will have permission to EVERYTHING Also my friends are also going to be mods or admins or something like that. But if that is ok for you normally i would say that i need proof or something for that you won't grief the server or anything like that,but i trust you. But i will have a backup of the world and after f.e.x one month i will stop taking backups but in that month you will still have full control and all that stuff and lead the server with me. The server isn't up atm but it will probably come up in february-aprilish 2012 or something maybe earlier. Also i don't want to make you feel like i'm a higher rank than you so trust me,we will have all the same permissions and stuff and you will have the ability to ban,kick,jail,freeze and setspawn and alot more powerfull commands.So yeah,that's it if you want to become co-owner you can PM me and we can talk more. Thanks!
12/30/2011 4:31 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
neocrombie
i will take that offer
12/30/2011 3:53 pm
rishab1234
What type of router do you use?
12/30/2011 4:12 pm
ricardomilosbigfan
Netgear, WNR2000v2.