Minecraft locks up once at main menu.

StarkBlazes's Avatar StarkBlazes1/27/18 12:36 pm
1 emeralds 144 1
1/27/2018 2:50 pm
ShelLuser's Avatar ShelLuser
It affects any version I run. Once I pick the version, Minecraft will stop responding to clicking once at the main menu. I sometimes get lucky and get to click multiplayer, but usually, it locks up before I can do anything. I've tried reinstalling but there is no change. Also, I attempted to run a world, by acting before it froze, and the world did load, but all the controls were unresponsive. There seems to be a small window of time of about 1-2 seconds before the application locks up. Is anybody able to help?
StarkBlazes
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/27/2018 2:50 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
What Minecraft version are you using? Also what platform (I assume Windows but...)? Modded or vanilla?

Reinstalling is usually pointless because you only re-install the software but not the settings, and those are usually the cause of most mishaps. So:
  • Go to %appdata% (Windows) and find the folder .minecraft. Rename this to something else (backup.minecraft for example).
  • Start Minecraft again. Warning: everything has been reset so you're also going to need and login again. Keep your username/password ready.
  • Try again!
If things become more responsive then it's definitely some kind of setting which went haywire. If not then it's something else. But to dive into that I'd really need to know what kind of Minecraft version you're using.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome