Minecraft redownloading and creating new file every time I start it up.

TrueParf's Avatar TrueParf3/31/19 9:26 am
2 emeralds 563 3
3/31/2019 7:10 pm
star_weaver's Avatar star_weaver
my minecraft keeps redownloading and creating a new .minecraft file (like brand new so nothing is saved) every time i start it up. I have tried to fix it but it just wont. Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have a fix?

And I mean like nothing is saved by like it being a brand new game. None of my resource packs. None of my other versions of minecraft (Optifine etc.) and no servers are saved either. I have tried moving all the stuff into the new file when it makes one but once I close minecraft and try to start it up again it does the same thing, it just creates a new blank file. I really want to fix this and have tried all i can. PLEASE help.
TrueParf
Level 13 : Journeyman Skinner