Minecraft Survival World - Troubles with Mob spawners and other important stuff

CringeyPvP's Avatar CringeyPvP8/22/17 4:05 am
1 emeralds 151
Alright, so basically 2 days ago I tried using fireworks to boost my elytra and it didnt work. Then today I tried it and it worked. But this was only the first problem in my world, second is my villager breeder. So Yesterday I made it and it workwed perfectly the baby villagers fell into the hole blah blah blah stuff hapend they died. Yeah, so now I try to breed them it takes hours and the babies dont even go into the hole. And the mob spawner I made today doesnt work AT ALL. No mobs spawn even though its in a very very dark place. My render distance is about 12, its at 17 but still nothing spawns. It is up in the air and made out of cobble. My world is so stupid but I'm not going to create a different world and leave what I have behind because, well lets just say I have a lot. But someone PLEASE tell me what to do, this has beeen soo annoying and I would really like it if someone could help. I would lvoe you lol. Mob farm I used -
Minecraft Creeper Only Mob Farm [Tutorial] | 1.12+ | Minimal Redstone - well thats the name of the video, and yes I wanted it to be a creeper farm but I decided to try and make it just a regualar mob farm by not placing the trapdoors. And yes that it supposed to work. Someone please please please help me, I would really appreciate it.
CringeyPvP
Level 1 : New Miner