forum Forumsplay_arrow Minecraft fiber_manual_record Help

Minecraft World Seed changed post generation and post playing QUESTION~

3 emeralds3 replies76 views
created 04/24/2019 1:53 am by Lord-Lofi
last reply 04/24/2019 11:27 am
Hello, sorry to bother everyone again, is it possible to change a world seed in the level.dat so that now new chunks loaded will be of a different seed. I want to retain what we have done and explored currently on the world (integrated with the plugin dynmap) but I have always wanted to use one of those amplified biomes or super world seed generators. Anyone know if this is possible or would it just corrupt everything...

If nobody knows I'll make a back up of the server and give it the old testaroony but figured I would ask first as the server is close to 60gb due to the super hd quality of the dynmap.

Thanks a bunch,
Lord Lofi of Lofi Land~
Posted by avatar
Lord-Lofi
Level 1 : New Miner

comment Login or register to post a reply.

3 replies

04/24/2019 4:03 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragonborn
thedutchlord
You can use Mcedit for this, I don't know exactly how but there is a menu where you can change almost anything about world generation of an existing world
04/24/2019 11:27 am
Lord-Lofi
unfortunately my world is 1.13.2 which is not currently supported by Mcedit. They only have up to 1.12 currently. I'll just try editing the level.dat on a copy and seeing if that corrupts it all or if it starts generating new chunks with the new seed
04/24/2019 11:20 am
Lord-Lofi
sweet thanks, I forgot about Mcedit, I'll give it a go!

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome