More admin powers?

MetalGrunt400's Avatar MetalGrunt4003/22/11 11:13 am
3/23/2011 12:56 am
Zaralith's Avatar Zaralith
I've never made a server before, but I noticed that there are a lot of servers that have more commands for admins like /fly . /jump. even some that undo the past 90 seconds, turn a set amount of blocks into a rainbow pattern, turn any block into lava or water.

I was wondering how do I do this too?
MetalGrunt400
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/23/2011 12:56 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Wizard
Zaralith
leave the permissions section blank. the admin has the line - '*' under permissions that gives it all commands. You also need to look at each plugin for the permission nodes. Look at the permissions thread for better info because i am sure that this all sounds confusing.
you should have the group
groups:
Admins:
default: false
info:
prefix: ''
suffix: ''
build: true
inheritance:
permissions:
- '*'

and then the user
users:
MetalGrunt400:
group: Admins
permissions:

You need to make sure that the spaces are in place. I recommend that you get notepad++ and set it to display YAML coloring. can't remember the exact option at the moment though.
03/22/2011 6:48 pm
Zaralith
You need to download the Permissionsplugin by TheYeti. When it creates the permissions file, you need to rename the file in the permissions folder to the name of the world you are using (the value in the level-name parameter of the server.properties file). You then need to check what the name of the admin permission group is (default is usually Admins) then you need to set yourself as an admin. At the bottom of the permissions file is an example permissions set. One of those users in the example will be given admin grouping. Just replace that username with yours and save the file and you should have access to all commands.
03/22/2011 9:09 pm
MetalGrunt400
It still doesn't seem to work, I put my name where it said
users:
MetalGrunt400:
group: Admins
and then under permissions i put "Worldedit" which i still can't use any of that stuff.

I really don't understand this.

Would there be any way we could do that "team view" thing where you can show me what to do on my computer? I've been trying this all day and I can't figure this out at all
03/22/2011 4:42 pm
MetalGrunt400
Problem with that is i don't know anyone who knows how to do this.

all it keeps saying is "You don't have permission to do this"

I only have a ops txt file, no player txt file or admin file. I don't know where I set permissions.
03/22/2011 4:19 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Engineer
bobsajit
no, when you run permissions it makes a folder called permissions, inside that folder is a .yml file, open that with notepad/notepad++ then scroll to the bottom, if you can't figure it out from there, hire somebody =p
03/22/2011 4:07 pm
MetalGrunt400
what if i don't have a admin file, do i just make a notepad named "admin" ?
03/22/2011 3:27 pm
bobsajit
Permissions was really annoying for me to at first.
you need something like this I think
'worldedit.*'
put that is permissions for admins (or whatever you are) I'd use wikipedia for reference, it's usually best.
03/22/2011 2:21 pm
MetalGrunt400
Well i'm currently having troubles trying to get the permissions to work with World edit, how do i get it so i have permission to use it?
03/22/2011 1:44 pm
bobsajit
It really depends what you want, I have about 20 plugins on my server: http://www.planetminecraft.com/server/t ... rmissions/

For the flying mod, google Zombes Flying Mod, he has the best one.
03/22/2011 1:27 pm
MetalGrunt400
Well I was asking about the fly mod for myself as a admin to my own server once i make it.

And thank you bobsajit. any other ones you would say i should get?
03/22/2011 1:20 pm
Zaralith
And remember that fly mods are usually a ban-able offense on most multiplayer servers.
03/22/2011 12:27 pm
bobsajit
you need the Bukkit server.

WorldEdit adds and removes LARGE amounts of blocks.
Big Brother undo's blocks
For a list of all Bukkit plugins: ttp://plugins.bukkit.org/

literal flying is a client side mod, and has nothing to do with the plugins.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome