Need assistance finding a workaround for an issue I have

cwush's Avatar cwush8/14/18 1:07 pm
1 emeralds 478 5
8/14/2018 5:16 pm
cwush's Avatar cwush
Hi, I'm using the plugin MythicMobs to create custom mobs on my 1.12.2 server, and I'm trying to give a specific mob a skin of my choosing. There's a way to do something like this built in, which uses ProtocolLib and LibsDisguises but you can only set a mob to an already existing mob, an item, a block, and a players skin. You can't actually pick out your own skin you may have downloaded and add it to a mob. However, a few years ago I saw a server that did a work around for this. They (somehow) added in "fake" players, that didn't take up a server slot, didn't even show up in the tab (most of the time) and had their own custom skins that could then be referenced and used in MythicMobs simply by selecting that specific players skin to use. Now, I'm just curious as to how they accomplished this. If there was some specific plugin/add-on built specifically for this, I haven't seen it around or been able to find it. And even if it did exist, this is now many years later so I fear it could now be outdated. If anyone could help me out; either helping me find a plugin that could accomplish this, or finding a complete different workaround all together without needing to reference a player skin, I'd appreciate that a lot. Thanks for reading
cwush
Level 1 : New Network