Need help making a datapack

DragonSlayr1500's Avatar DragonSlayr15003/23/19 1:54 am history
2 emeralds 394 5
3/24/2019 12:44 am
HoboMaggot's Avatar HoboMaggot
Hello! Thanks for dropping by.
I'm currently in the process of making a datapack for my sister because she can't figure out how to install a certain plugin. This datapack is supposed to add new items, but I don't know how to code this, or where to put any code once it's made.
Background stuff: I downloaded a default 1.13 texture pack, in I think it was 1.2 style? so it was easier to navigate. I then started doing some texture for the new items, then didn't know what to do for the code, searching up "how to make a datapack" and finding the Minecraft wiki page. I followed the instructions that I saw fit, adding the separate nameplate folder "fgarden" and adding all the texture-based folders in there since I thought that was necessary. The added items are mostly all foods, and I want some of them to grow on trees.
What should I do to make the items work as I want them to?
Thanks in advance.
DragonSlayr1500
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/23/2019 4:45 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Blacksmith
Geeri
Depends. Adding new item is possible, but not sure what you want to use them for. You could use durability value of an item and change texture depending on what durability it has. Later you could give that item to your self.
03/23/2019 6:03 pm
DragonSlayr1500
Most of the items are edible, made to be eaten by the player or crafted into a better edible item. I know how to do crafting recipes, but I don't know how to add the items themselves.
03/23/2019 4:15 am
Level 42 : Master Modder
Toma1O6
Adding new consumable items is impossible (you can add some textures on specific items with modified NBT data, but you cannot change its behavior). But you can create it using mods
03/23/2019 6:06 pm
DragonSlayr1500
I would have liked to just make a mod, but in my opinion, mods are too hard to install and uninstall. With the datapack, you just turn it on or off like a texture pack. Easy.

I also don't know how to make a mod, so there's that as well.
03/24/2019 12:44 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
HoboMaggot
Mods have more give you more content to code with as datapacks are strictly limited to vanilla stuff.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome