forum Forumsplay_arrow Minecraft fiber_manual_record Help

Need help playing local multiplayer on wifi

1 emerald5 replies100 views
created 01/19/2018 6:45 am by xhasti
last reply 01/19/2018 8:04 am
I have two small kids and I'm trying to get them set up so they can play in the same world over our wifi. Having trouble making that happen. Both are on version 1.2.9, one on an old Ipad and the other on a Kindle Fire. Don't really want them to have to sign into accounts if that is possible.

I've tried adding a server entering our IP address via Play>Servers but the game just hangs on 'locating server.'

Videos and websites offering advice about this I was able to find all appear to be for older versions of Minecraft and the settings don't look the same.

If anyone could please help I'd really appreciate it!
Posted by avatar
xhasti
Level 1 : New Miner

5 replies

01/19/2018 6:50 am
Level 19 Journeyman Princess
star_weaver
just so im clear, this is pocket edition and not java version?

in any way the process should be the same for both, need 1 machine to run server, and on the client devices you need to put in the ip of the host machine, letting it look for servers on the local network never works
01/19/2018 7:00 am
Level 1 New Miner
xhasti
Yes, it’s just the standard Minecraft edition available on the iOS App Store.

So I don’t need to create a server, I just start the game on one and somehow enter the ip address to search for on the other device?
01/19/2018 8:04 am
Level 19 Journeyman Princess
star_weaver
as i stated, you do need to make a server
http://www.pocketmine.net/
once you have gone through the setup it will tell you your internal ip
after the setup you should see something similar or the same as whats highlighted in yellow in the following picture
https://imgur.com/bH0Whmk
insert that into the server list on the devices that wish to join
and take note where it has been installed to start it up again if/when needed
01/19/2018 7:21 am
Level 3 Apprentice Network
TheToakingTurtle
So, guessing its Pocket Edition, I'll suggest this:

Have one of them create a world and play on it. Then, the other one sits on the server list (while the other world is being played on by child 1) until the world then pops up on their server list.

I think that's how it works.
01/19/2018 7:39 am
Level 1 New Miner
xhasti
Not seeing the world being played on Device 1 popping up on server list on Device 2.

Search

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2018
planetminecraft.com

Welcome