Need help with forcing chunks to load for pigman spawner

panzervcv's Avatar panzervcv1/19/19 12:00 pm history
1 emeralds 1.6k 3
1/19/2019 10:12 pm
TNHo's Avatar TNHo
I made an overworld pigman spawner but when the chunk isn't rendered no pigmen spawn.

I tried to fix this with the forceload command. I typed the x y coordinates for where the chunk was (each chunk the portals were located in), and it gave me a success message.

For some reason this still didn't make pigs spawn when I moved far away. Is there any reason this might be happening and how can I fix it?

One other thing to note is I have iron golems kill the pigmen. Will iron golems kill mobs if no player is near?
panzervcv
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/19/2019 4:22 pmhistory
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
InfiniteCorners
There is no point in forceloading the region. Hostile mobs more than 128 blocks from a player instantly despawn which means having a portal farm constantly loaded won't do you much good. I would say the problem isn't that the chunks aren't loaded but rather that you are to far away for mobs to spawn without despawning.
01/19/2019 8:21 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
panzervcv
Is there a way I can get mobs to spawn without me nearby, such as a command or mod?
01/19/2019 10:12 pmhistory
Level 42 : Master Architect
TNHo
I don't think there are such commands that exist. The best thing you can do is be afk near the portal farm for lots pigmen to spawn. If you have have to go far away, then too bad. I don't know what else to say :/
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome