Need Help with a Server

lemacstun's Avatar lemacstun12/7/16 1:42 am
1 emeralds 152 3
1/24/2017 6:57 pm
Mudbud41's Avatar Mudbud41
Hello, I've been wanting to create my own server for a long time, and now that I finally have a way of earning money in real life, I figured I would finally create and manage my own server. If you would read through this whole post and help me out it would be very much appreciated.

First of all, I am not new to Minecraft, but I have almost no knowledge in terms of setting up a server/hosting a server and all that stuff. I am going to have a lot of questions following. Below, I will ask some questions and lay out some guidelines as to what I would like to do regarding creating and managing my very own server.

To begin, I would like to create a server that:
- is only 1.7.10 (or all 1.7 versions)
- KitPvP only (no hub)
- has a limit of 100 players (or roughly 100 players)
- has a custom domain name (ex: myserver.com)
- has customized knockback for pvp
- plugins for kits, levels, chat colors, shop, etc.
- one large map for pvp
- donator kits (able to be purchased from buycraft)

In addition to the server, I would also like to host a XenForo website so I can have a forums for the server (if the server has a decent amount of active players).

I will have money to support the server and keep it running, so money shouldn't be an issue here.

Does anyone have any suggestions of where I should begin if I am to create a server like this?
lemacstun
Level 1 : New Miner