Need help with villager transport

Kavothe's Avatar Kavothe1/12/19 4:35 pm
2 emeralds 11.6k 6
1/14/2019 11:35 am
Kavothe's Avatar Kavothe

Good evening all.

i wanted to make a village breeder away from my village so i made a nether portal to a different place tunneled it etc but when i started to move a villager into the portal he got stuck in the block on the other side and died. tried it 3 times and same thing. Can anyone explain what im doing wrong or is this a thing with Minecraft on Consoles im playing on PS4.

Cheers
Kavo

Kavothe
Level 11 : Journeyman Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/13/2019 3:36 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Tuxmato
***New UpDate*** This tutorial works (On Java 1.13.2 at least)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5wCW6yTIsg

***The track around the nether side of the nether portal is powered rail (except for the curved sections.

***It's helpful to setup a 2 block high wall around the regular side of the portal that leaves room for the track, you and the villager. Like a "U" shaped one. This will make it easier for the jerk... I mean villager into the minecart.

Hope this helps and keep us updated!

**May the Blocks be with You!**
01/13/2019 3:07 pmhistory
Level 1 : New Miner
Tuxmato
***UPDATE***THERE IS MORE TO THE ACTIVATOR RAIL STEP! (Sorry for caps) I'm gonna go test it out first and get back to you.
Do you have an activator rail atop a redstone block right before the obsidian block of the portal? I saw a few people use that trick.

Hopefully these tips (that I learned the hard way) will save you many headaches. :)

Rail Method
**Setup short sections of track at a time to save resources (unless you'll frequently use it)
**Lay the track right up to and below the villager, then lay your minecart on the track underneath them. (This may take a few trys, but it's less annoying than shoving them into a lower place)
**Put a block of dirt or something in front and behind minecart when villager is in it. Villagers tend to make the minecarts roll to places that will frustrate you.

Boat and Ice
**I haven't tried this, but I know that ice oddly won't melt in the nether (besides fire and usual reasons). Setup random block, ice, random block, ice, random block...etc
**Lay boat underneath villager and WHEEEE!. Checkout "Python's World: Nether Portal Hub" for the tutorial.

Good luck and keep us updated! ^_^
01/14/2019 11:35 am
Kavothe
Hi Tux, i haven't been on the game today but i watched the vid and im going to jump on and try that out. Will keep you posted. Thanks
01/12/2019 5:13 pmhistory
Level 42 : Master Architect
TNHo
You can try to transport villagers using mine carts and rails. That's the easiest method of transporting villagers I know. Push the mine cart into the nether portal.
01/14/2019 4:59 am
Level 24 : Expert Fisherman
Gilran
The boat is worked the same way :D
01/12/2019 6:22 pm
Kavothe
Ill give that a go Tnho Thanks
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com