New MC mom here. iPad to xbox. Overwhelmed newby.

Pinschkin's Avatar Pinschkin3/25/19 10:53 pm
3/30/2019 4:22 am
HeyItsTechy's Avatar HeyItsTechy
Hi there!

I’m new to Minecraft. My kid is obsessed. I love coding. I’m having a hard time with finding answers to some very basic questions.

I use an IPad Pro. What I do on the the iPad needs to moved to an Xbox. We use an xbox live account.

1) downloading texture packs, to iPad Pro and using them on Xbox.
2) writing and testing command blocks on ipad, then sharing them on Xbox.
3) Mine Craft is massive! Give me a starting point please! I want to play with my kid, but I am overwhelmed.

best,.
Pinschkin
Pinschkin
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/28/2019 8:32 am
Level 32 : Artisan Explorer
TheCyanShyGuy
Welcome!

Parent Joins the battle!

welcome to PMC M8 ^^
03/27/2019 5:20 pm
Level 22 : Expert Ranger
sogg
As far as I can tell, there is no way to put progress from your Minecraft on iPad to an Xbox account. And if you want a texture pack on your Xbox, I'm pretty sure Xbox Minecraft will already have resource packs integrated into it or you can buy them.
03/27/2019 4:28 pm
BratzeliStudios
1) Currently Mojang is either not going to implement cross-platform systems or they just haven't yet.
2) I do not know if command blocks are available on Xbox, however, if they are ^^

3) Depends on what your playstyle is. If you like more casual play with the vanilla experience, SMP type servers are out there. If you want to be destructive, anarchy. Competitive players live in minigame and factions servers.

If you would like to see a server that doesn't require downloading mods but feels almost modded, check out mine! https://www.planetminecraft.com/server/fractured-sky-mc/

There's a slight lack of players ATM, but if you're looking for a place to create with said kid, it's a great place(also has rules against inappropriate content).

If you want to build maps, redstone creations, or massive builds, LAN is okay for no money, but it's laggy without giant computers. You can host your own server pretty cheap(Pebblehost is $1/gig/month!) if you'd like that.
03/27/2019 4:50 pm
BratzeliStudios
Oh, you may be able to port worlds from Bedrock device to Bedrock device -- I don't know how to. I use PC.
03/28/2019 4:39 amhistory
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
HoboMaggot
Pretty sure you cant do it from xbox to ipad, but if you do, its compatible. This is the difference from pc and pe. They have different files and file extensions.

Also did you just add a PC server in there, even though the OP said she was using Bedrock edition????
03/28/2019 4:50 pm
BratzeliStudios
And now I feel dumb lel xD
03/26/2019 9:52 am
Level 24 : Expert Fisherman
Gilran
Wikipedia was my friend when I started to play Minecraft and always be my best friend in Minecraft :D I learnt about commands from those pages. Sometimes those are really dry for kids but if you read it carefully you learn a lot.
03/28/2019 4:37 am
HoboMaggot
03/26/2019 3:25 amhistory
HoboMaggot
1) I'm pretty sure you can manually download non-marketplace texture packs to the Ipad, but the Xbox pretty much avoids 3rd party tampering (may have changed). This means you can only use the marketplace to get texturepacks.

2) Bedrock edition is compatible across multiple devices such as ipads and xboxs (Not the Java edition though), so you can translate commands from the ipad to the xbox.

3) Depending on what your kid wants to play. If he likes Survival mode, I suggest watching a few survival playthrough videos as going full in to survival mode can possibly overwhelm you (like executive decisions of whether to dig down or not).
Creative Mode is different as you can experiment with the blocks, items, entities/mobs and commands without anything hindering you (except the command syntax and speed of typing), and therefore should overwhelm you less.
03/26/2019 12:51 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Dragonborn
HeyItsTechy
You can start by watching some Minecraft Survival Playthrough to get started about Minecraft so you could play with him! Or if he's into Mini-games, you could start by playing or watching people play on Hypixel or Mineplex! (I don't normally reply to forums but this seems so heartwarming to see) Have fun!
03/29/2019 3:29 am
HoboMaggot
pretty sure Hypickel doesnt exist in pe
03/30/2019 4:22 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Dragonborn
HeyItsTechy
Hypixel does exist on Pocket Edition, google it.

Here's the official Link back in 2015:

https://hypixel.net/threads/hypixel-pocket-edition-launch.465874/
03/26/2019 12:15 amhistory
Level 1 : New Explorer
MiaBug
KI honestly don’t know the answer to any of these, But I Hope someone can help you! You could try googling it, you might get some good answers on there. So good luck with this! And once you figure it out, have fun with your kid! ^-^
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome