New server, should I go spigot with plugins, or modded cauldron with plugins? Not advertising. Asking for opinions.

Morgoth_The_Dark's Avatar Morgoth_The_Dark3/19/19 4:09 pm
1 emeralds 187 1
3/19/2019 6:51 pm
KCSharkifnYT's Avatar KCSharkifnYT
So, I'm making another server, finally.

I really wanted to have a server with a "fantasy" sort of setting with different dimensions, magic, warfare/PvP, and roleplaying (If you want).

I have a server set up (1.7.10) , that is running, which has The Betweenlands, LOTR mod, electrobob's wizardy, and Aether all running side by side. (With very little complications, and surprisingly good RAM usage)

Yet, I'm worried people won't want to go through the process of installing the mods to play on my server.

I really like the new content, because I've been playing MC for years, and I figure so have a lot of other people, and maybe the mods might help give them reasons to stick around longer.

Should I scrap the concept I have so far, and try to get up a "vanilla" server instead?

Will people join my server if I present it in a fun and creative way, and it actually IS fun? Even if they have to install mods? What if I try to make that process as easy as I can, or break it down step by step?

OR

Will people NOT join my server as much, specifically because they would have to install mods, and they could just join any other number of servers where they don't have to do that?

I can still create a unique experience without the mods, but I really like having new worlds with new items, new mobs, new armors, new mechanics.

There's so many things I've never seen or done before as a player, and I figure that if I can get others to at least try it out, they'll enjoy it too.

Maybe I'm wrong though, maybe what I have so far is simply asking too much from most players, or maybe the amount of content is overwhelming. I don't know.

Opinions?

SORRY IF THIS IS THE WRONG PLACE TO POST, BUT I AM ASKING FOR HELP, IN A WAY.

NOT TRYING TO ADVERTISE MY SERVER, WHICH IS NOT DONE YET ANYWAYS.
Morgoth_The_Dark
Level 32 : Artisan Button Pusher