Newbie questions...

ClarytheRanger's Avatar ClarytheRanger3/25/19 11:10 am
2 emeralds 1.1k 14
3/26/2019 10:25 pm
ClarytheRanger's Avatar ClarytheRanger
So, I just joined this site a few days ago, and wanted to find some servers to play on and maps and resource packs to download to play... but I'm having some issues with doing either... can anyone help me?? :(

I cannot get any server I try to save to my servers list to let me join... it always tells me 'Unable to join world', but I'm confused because I know the server/world is real, but why won't it let me join it...? :'(

And for the maps/resource packs, I cannot get any of them to show up as options... why is this happening? ,>.<,

Help is most appreciated,
ClarytheRanger
ClarytheRanger
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/26/2019 7:33 pm
Level 72 : Legendary Pixel Painter
Nighthearted
You mentioned that you play on Pocket Edition. Most everything on this site is made for the Java Edition. I don't believe it's possible for PE players to join Java servers, but you can join any servers made for the Bedrock Edition. Here are some instructions on how to use custom resource packs on PE https://mcpedl.com/how-to-install-minecraft-pe-texture-packs-for-android/
03/26/2019 9:07 pmhistory
ClarytheRanger
Oh... well that's great... I was trying to join Preston's Cosmic Prisons server, but, I guess I never will be... ,~.~,
What's the difference between Java and Bedrock Edition? I know Java is pc or such, but that's about it for the comparisons of both... :/
03/26/2019 9:42 pm
Level 72 : Legendary Pixel Painter
Nighthearted
Java Edition is the original and only runs on PC. Bedrock Edition was created after Microsoft acquired Minecraft and includes both mobile and Windows 10, and it is crossplay compatible, meaning players on mobile or Win10 can play together. Though they are both called 'Minecraft', they are separate games. Java and Bedrock players cannot play together on the same servers. It can be pretty confusing with all the different versions ^^
03/26/2019 10:25 pm
ClarytheRanger
Oh!! That makes a lot of sense! Ok, thanks! ^^ <3

Hmmm... now... I really need to get a better paying job and get a computer so I don't have to be left out of all the fun >.>
03/25/2019 4:35 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Explorer
TheCyanShyGuy
resource packs download them first of all. second hold Win+R (the windows key plus "R") and type or select %appdata% go to .minecraft and find the resourcepack folder. double click that and paste it in there. hope that helped ^^

server: go to the server's page and copy paste the IP. NOTE! check the game version! if its a 1.8 or whatever server its not compatible with game version 1.13.2 for example.
03/26/2019 4:13 pmhistory
ClarytheRanger
Thank you for replying! I use Minecraft PE, (unfortunately) because I don't have a computer or Xbox to play, and it's the latest version currently out 1.10.0
03/26/2019 7:18 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Explorer
TheCyanShyGuy
hmmm then im not sure how to help then... sorry :p
03/26/2019 9:10 pm
ClarytheRanger
It's alright, you've already helped me with your original answer, so thank you :)
03/25/2019 4:24 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Cowboy
crows
When you go to a server's page, alot of the time they post what server version they're on. Eg;

Just above the IP is the server version. So check your minecraft version, you can do that by, clicking the arrow on the right side of where it says "play".

For Resource packs you have to download it, the press the windows button that looks like this either on your keyboard or your screen.

And typing "%appdata%" Then going to the folder named .minecraft

Then, simply dragging the resource pack from your downloads to the "recourcepacks" folder.

-------
Then once you've chosen your version of minecraft you want to play, go to options, and then resource packs. To load a pack click the arrow on the image of the pack, and wait a minute. Depending on the pack you want it'll take a few seconds or even minutes before it loads. Once thats done, go to multiplayer, add server, paste the server IP address in the "Server Address" portion.

------
Enjoy!
03/26/2019 4:21 pm
ClarytheRanger
Thank you for replying! Unfortunately I don't think I can do this because I don't have a computer or Xbox to play on, so I can't use %AppData% ... ;-;

I use Minecraft PE (because I unfortunately don't have the above), and it's the latest version currently out, 1.10.0 ;-;
03/26/2019 4:29 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Cowboy
crows
Oh, yeah with PE everything is alot more figity, and I don't believe you can connect to servers using PE. Sorry mate.
03/26/2019 9:08 pm
ClarytheRanger
Dang it... ;-; I was trying to join Preston's Prisons server, but I guess I won't ever be able to... ,~.~,
03/25/2019 11:46 am
Level 70 : Legendary Dinosaur
DinowCookie
You need to copy the IP of a server and enter it in your Minecraft client. Make sure you're on the right Minecraft version and update. Java / Bedrock? Which update version?

Also note that you won't be able to join whitelist (exclusive) servers without submitting an application. Another thing to keep in mind is that you shouldn't have any spaces in your IP field (an easily made mistake).

To use a resource pack you have to save it in the right folder in your %appdata% > .minecraft folder in your file directory. Merely downloading it won't cause it to show up in the game.
03/26/2019 4:12 pmhistory
ClarytheRanger
Thank you for replying! I use Minecraft PE, unfortunately, because I don't have a computer or Xbox to play, and it's the latest version currently out, 1.10.0 :)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome