Only 1 of my friends can join my server

xutehwei's Avatar xutehwei1/31/19 11:48 am
3 emeralds 838 8
1/31/2019 6:59 pm
Nuggetcake's Avatar Nuggetcake
Hi, I set up a server using java and only myself and 1 other friend can connect to the server. The other friend gets the "io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection refused: No further information" error. The interesting part is when friend A disconnects, Friend B can join and when friend A tries to reconnect he gets the "io.netty" error. my maximum players per server is set to 30, is there anything i can do to allow both my friends to connect? he just bought the game to play with us and now we all can't play together :( please help!
xutehwei
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/31/2019 1:32 pmhistory
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
Nuggetcake
It looks like it has something to do with Firewall not allowing traffic to the <version>.jar file located in C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming.minecraft\versions(version). Disable your firewall server-side and if they can join, you can probably make minecraft.jar an exception when you turn the firewall back on.

edit: When allowing minecraft to avoid the firewall it is important to make sure these configureations are set: Set the program path to the <version>.jar file, and
make sure to check "Allow the Connection" when configuring the rule.
01/31/2019 6:38 pm
xutehwei
I turned fire wall off and friend B still coulnt join while friend A was on the server. I had them turn of their firewalls as well. No luck.
01/31/2019 6:59 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
Nuggetcake
Okay the problem is worse than I hoped. Usually it is a firewall issue, this is out of my league and I struggle to work it out myself. Sorry.

but, you can share the log created when the error occurs.

However, from searching, I found this:

[Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 2465ms behind, skipping 49 tick(s)

Which basically means one of two things; the computer time is wrong and the server can't make certain decisions or the server is overloaded and its running too slow for the client.
If you have plugins, remove them.

Another possibility: If you imported the map for the server, there could be mod conflictions if it previously used mods that you aren't using or if you are using mods. Try opening the server with a brand new map.
01/31/2019 12:44 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
do other servers work?
yes - something wrong with your end
no - something wrong with friends end
01/31/2019 6:39 pm
xutehwei
I dont know any other server
01/31/2019 12:10 pm
Level 25 : Expert Mage
Princessbookbear
It probalby doesn't matter what the maxium players is set too. Did you pay for the server? My friends have a minecraft server and we use the same wifi. ahhh minecraft marathons.... anyway It might be a wifi problem idk?
01/31/2019 12:16 pm
xutehwei
Hey thanks for responding. No, i didnt pay for the server, i set it up on my computer through a java. We also have 1000mb download so i dont think 3 people playing minecraft would cause a problem. The weird thing is that they can both join the server as long as the other person isnt on. That says to me it is a server issue not wifi/firewall issue. I could be wrong though
01/31/2019 1:19 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
tywillwalk
star_weaver dont mess around...
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome