PermissionsEx is Not Working, NO prefixes or being loaded

Yettie's Avatar Yettie4/3/17 4:21 am
1 emeralds 544 4
4/3/2017 12:54 pm
Thatsmusic99's Avatar Thatsmusic99
On my Spigot 1.8.8 Server. I have the following plugins; World Edit, EssentialsX, Multi-Verse Core 2.5, PermissionsEx, and Vault.
When I fresh install PeX and Vault and type /pl in game, all of the plugins show up. But as soon as I make any change at all to PeX (adding a group, adding a player, perms, prefixes, etc) then reload, PeX completely goes away. I type /pl and it shows every plugin but PeX. I dont know what is happening but any help is appreciated.

Startup Console Log: https://pastebin.com/XZx5FUSL

So all in all, before changes = all plugins working fine
after changes to PeX = all plugins showing up and working accept for PeX

Thank you soooo much!
Yettie
Level 3 : Apprentice Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/03/2017 12:54 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Engineer
Thatsmusic99
In Essentials(X)'s config.yml file, there is a divider saying "EssentialsChat" (scroll down about three quarters of the way). To change it for every group, take a look at:
format: '<{DISPLAYNAME} > {MESSAGE}'
and change it to:
format: '{DISPLAYNAME} : {MESSAGE}'

I can't guarantee this will work though, I have explored a load of config files but never changed some options. This is a simple example of one...
04/03/2017 12:32 pm
Yettie
Ok nevermind I got it working, just had to edit the essentials config. But now how do I remove the white <> and add a : for tha chat?
04/03/2017 12:30 pm
Yettie
When I used 1.23.4 it worked. PeX doesnt go away when I make changes now. But now the prefix doesnt show at all after I have made a group and added myself to it and set the prefix for it.
04/03/2017 7:27 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Engineer
Thatsmusic99
This is what caught my eye, however I will only refer to it later:

03.04 03:14:18 [Server] INFO org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidDescriptionException: Invalid plugin.yml

Long answer: Have you tried using commands, or are you just changing the configuration? It's either you're getting something wrong there, or there's something that was wrong with PEX 1.23.3 (latest is 1.23.4). Bukkit says 1.23.4 is compatible with only 1.11.x, 1.10.x and 1.9, but I looked on Pex's Github and it says 1.23.4 is compatible with the true 1.8 version (not like a protocal hack). Have a go and let me know if it doesn't work.

Short answer: Update to 1.23.4 and see if that improves anything. If not, I'm out of answers - I don't use PEX sadly.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome