Please help me I can't connect to newly added servers.

Helpe's Avatar Helpe7/21/18 12:52 am
1 emeralds 273 9
7/21/2018 6:08 pm
Helpe's Avatar Helpe
I need help. I hadn't added any new servers for a long time so I didn't know when this started. Anyway I was trying to join a server but the ip had been changed. So I changed it to that ip and it still didn't work. so I was like "Meh maybe they're still working on it" and went on with my day. A few weeks later I tried to add a new server and it didn't work. it says connecting to server then later it says
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotateddConnectException: Connection timed out: no further information

And it's only with new servers I add too. The old servers are fine, but if I delete them and put in the exact same ip in a new server it still doesn't work. the new servers have no connection. I don't know what the problem is, I'm on the right version, I told firewall to allow features of the app, I don't know why this is happening please help!
Helpe
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/21/2018 4:15 pmhistory
Helpe
I can SaveCancel
I can get to the firewall, I just can't get to the firewall settings for Java. I could access "Windows Defender Security Center" and went to "Firewall and Network Protection" Under the main section I found multiple entries, one of which said "Allow an app through firewall" But it was not a link, just typing, so I'm not surw how to access Java through the firewall still
07/21/2018 4:16 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
I did some research on there are a few possibilities, but the most common had something to do with your Routers Firewall blocking all contact to some servers.
I found a post from 29/May/2018 that might help you:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1.) Make sure you let minecraft through your host machines firewall. You can access your firewall by opening the integrated program "Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security." Then allow all "Java(TM) Platform SE binary" Rules by left clicking on the rule and clicking properties. Then if it is not already allowed. Toggle the rule action to "Allow This Connection" Also go into the advanced tab and check both Private and Public settings.

(2.) (if your router does not have a firewall just do your modem instead) Go into your router's or modem's control panel(The Layout May Vary) by entering 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 into a web address(this vary's depending if the ip address is connected to your router or modem) then find you firewall settings then add a rule with TCP and UDP selected then put in minecraft's default port which is 25565 into the port start and port end then make sure you enable "Traffic In" and "Traffic Out".

(3.) Also make sure if you have a vpn to turn if off as it may cause this error

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this might help you :)
07/21/2018 6:08 pm
Helpe
Read the following from bottom to top (sorry)
07/21/2018 4:19 pm
Helpe
So I'm still not sure how to resolve my issue
07/21/2018 4:19 pm
Helpe
stated "Allow an app through firewall" But it was not a hyperlink
07/21/2018 4:18 pm
Helpe
options and I got to a number of entries, one of which
07/21/2018 4:18 pm
Helpe
Firewall and network protection, I scrolled past the main
07/21/2018 4:17 pm
Helpe
I got to "Windows Defender Security Center", and I went to
07/21/2018 4:07 pmhistory
Helpe
I can get to the firewall, I just can't get to the firewall settings for Java.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome