Pressure Plate issues in 1.12.2

1 emerald 3 replies 37 views | started 01/22/2018 1:06 pm by MushroomElm
I recently got back into Minecraft and noticed when I tried to use a Pressure Plate, it was opposite of what I was used to.

When placed down for a door, I'll go to step on it but my door will remain closed. As I get off of it, it will then open my door. I was wanting the opposite effect, so that it would open when on the plate. A video has been linked regarding the issue, if you need a visual. The dark in the start is due to lack of editing, but the video will resume after!!

MRoRRe_QgHI
Posted by avatar
MushroomElm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner

3 replies

01/22/2018 2:20 pm
Level 20 Expert Engineer
ShelLuser
Definitely an issue of what I'd like to call a "clopen door". In fact: you don't even need a pressure plate, just leave the door open and no mobs will run through (I'm serious).

Press F3 and look at the door, check what the properties of the door state tell you. My guess: the door will probably show as being open while the properties tell you that it's closed. Something like this:

The fun part is that because the system has decreed that this door is closed no mobs will walk past it. Leaving you with an easy way to block your house from mobs while you can still easily walk in and out.
01/22/2018 1:51 pm
Level 7 Apprentice Engineer
BartTheBart
I think you just placed your door wrong. when you place the door, the state it is placed in is its closed state. keep that in mind
01/22/2018 1:58 pm
Level 2 Apprentice Miner
MushroomElm
I've placed it on both the front and back of the blocks. Nothing yet.But I tried it in a village and it worked. Just not around my house.

Search

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2018
planetminecraft.com

Welcome