Proof-reading for contest text required

fov360's Avatar fov3607/17/18 1:30 am
1 emeralds 170 3
7/19/2018 2:15 pm
fov360's Avatar fov360
Is there anyone who could help with a translation of about two pages text from German into English?The text will be used for the "Journey through time"-contest. (End: July 23rd, 2018 @ 12:00 PM EST).

Native german speaker with really good english skills preferred.

If you are interested contact me via PM.
fov360
Level 49 : Master Pixel Puncher

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/19/2018 11:15 am
fov360
Ok, maybe I requested too much. :) Let's try something else:

Is any native english speaker interested to do proof-reading? I translated the text myself and need now someone to check for spelling and grammatical errors.

In exchange for your help you'd be the first to read a thrilling essay. 😜
07/19/2018 1:41 pmhistory
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
I'm not really sure this would even be allowed under the contest rules, given that proof-reading and editing a translation can change the source material a lot regarding quality.

Edit: I got the contests mixed up and realized this is for a Project contest submission. Making a note here for anyone reading this that proof-reading for someone else for a Project contest is ok. Editing a blog contest submission on the other hand isn't.
07/19/2018 2:15 pm
fov360
I don't see how this would affect my work. The text is already completely written and translated by me. All I'm asking for is if someone could check for spelling and grammar.

In my personal opinion a text full of spellings or even worse of grammar mistakes which might let the reader guess what the author is actually trying to say would completely ruin the idea. Non-native english speakers might then be better off to not post any Lore.

But to avoid a disqualification for misinterpreting the rules I contacted an Admin. Thank you for the tipp.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome