forum Forumsplay_arrow Minecraft fiber_manual_record Help

Optifine (ANY VERSION) will not work! Help?

1 emerald3 replies79 views
created 01/19/2019 3:59 am by Frosty Eyes
last reply 01/19/2019 4:12 pm

Hey everyone,

I have recently downloaded and attempted to install optifine 1.13.2 after becoming interested in the boosted performance and graphics that it has to offer. However, after attempting to run optifine after it has finished downloaded, I have constantly run into an issue that seems to be unfixable. Rather than the normal "optifine installer" tab popping up, opening optifine redirects me to an outdated version (1.6) Minecraft launcher. I am then prompted with a message which reads, "It looks like you've used a newer launcher than this one! If you go back to using this one, we will need to reset your configuration." The two options which I am able to click read, "Never mind, close this launcher." while the other is "I'm sure I'll reset my settings". I have selected both options, the first simply exits out of the outdated launcher, while the other option (resetting my settings) asks me to login. Nevertheless, the outdated Minecraft launcher refuses to accept both my username, email, and password for my account. I have verified and reset my password several times since then- to no avail. After hours of dabbling with Minecraft's settings and reinstalling both optifine and Minecraft I have not found any solution, nor have I narrowed down the exact problem. I exclusively play on Minecraft version 1.13.2 and have the latest update for Java. I am simply stuck on this issue, and unable to use any version of optifine for Minecraft. Any input is welcome :).

Thank you!
Posted by avatar
Frosty Eyes
Level 10 : Journeyman Hunter

3 replies

01/19/2019 6:27 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
InfiniteCorners
Addition details would be helpful, I have never experienced this problem before so I immediately wonder if you've downloaded it from the right place. https://optifine.net/downloads is the only place you should ever download optifine from, and the direct link for the most recent download is https://optifine.net/adloadx?f=OptiFine_1.13.2_HD_U_E5.jar&x=7365 and I just personally downloaded and tested that it works reliably and as expected for 1.13.2. I assume you use the normal launcher and not forge or MultiMC or something, is that correct?

I would need more info to help you any more than just guessing. If you have downloaded optifine from the official site and are playing vanilla MC (keep in mine that to install optifine for 1.13.2 you need to have loaded the 1.13.2 jar atleast once before attempted install) then I'm not sure what could be causing the issue. When I run the jar with java it installs itself as expected. If you need more help I would suggest going here https://github.com/sp614x/optifine/issues to get assistance directly from the creators of optifine.
01/19/2019 1:35 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Hunter
Frosty Eyes
Yup, I have gotten all optifine downloads directly from optifine.net. This post was made on behalf of my friend, since I also have been also able to run and use optifine without any issues and have never experienced this. All other assumptions made are correct, it is a base vanilla Minecraft launcher. What other particular info would be needed in order to help understand the issue? Also, thank you for the response.
01/19/2019 4:12 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
InfiniteCorners
If he's using the normal launcher and the official download site then I'm at a bit of a loss here. The only way I could think of this happening would be if he has the old launcher installed on his computer's C drive but plays with the new launcher from another drive like an external but I feel like you would've mentioned that. Sadly my old computer fried or I would try to see what remains of the old files when you download and start using the new launcher, it seems like it's targeting an old install for some reason. My only suggestion would be to (after backing up any world you want to save) uninstall Minecraft and then search the computer for 'minecraft' to try to locate that old launcher. If the old launcher was actually uninstalled it wouldn't be able to pop back up after re-installing Minecraft from the site since it no longer contains that launcher... I feel like the old launcher is hiding somewhere.
Your best bet will still be to seek help here https://github.com/sp614x/optifine/issues if that doesn't work because while your problem is minecraft related I don't think it's the game causing problems as much as it is a miscommunication between the game and optifine. That makes sp614x the guy to talk to if you can't fix it just by wiping out the old installer. They'll need details like you gave here along with details about system specs but their support is excellent and their replies are prompt.

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome