Requesting a pre-made permissionsex yml.

reeceuk's Avatar reeceuk12/30/13 8:08 am
1 emeralds 1.5k 6
7/24/2016 11:26 am
CraftCamMCOFFICIAL's Avatar CraftCamMCOFFICIAL
Hello,
i'm pretty new to permissionsEx therefor as you would of guessed it is abit of a pain to get used to the permission nodes and I would be very greatful if someone could most a premade one just with ranks like Member, Mod , Admin and Owner.

If someone could answer these questions i'd be very greatful too.

1: Does a permission node have to be something like this "essentials.tpa" or can it just be /tpa.

2: To setup a command for a certain rank can I just put the plugin name then .{commandhere}.

Thanks.
reeceuk
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/24/2016 11:26 am
Level 1 : New Network
CraftCamMCOFFICIAL
I'm looking for pre-made prison ranks.
01/03/2014 11:51 pm
Level 1 : New Architect
ForsakenRealmz
PermissionsEX looked like Java before I learned how to use it very efficiently. I haven't used it in quite from time now that I do not run my server anymore, but if you need some help here are some tips.

What is a permission node?
From my small amount of coding success in coding Minecraft plugins; a permission node is in our minds a green light. If you have this permission node then you can move on and run what the plugin coder has made.

It seems like you know what the plugin Essentials is, so you can view all of that plugins permission nodes here http://wiki.ess3.net/wiki/Command_Reference/Perm. Continue on to learn how to add/delete and edit your PermissionsEX

Lets get started!
/pex user <Players Name> (Note: This has to be the players real name. You cannot use the players nickname that could be set through Essentials or some other plugin)
This command will allow you to inspect a player on your server. Showing you every permission node they have.

/pex user <Players Name> group list
This command will show you what groups the Player is in. It will list them all.

Add a Permission to a group:
/pex group <group name> add <permission.node>
Ex: /pex group default add essentials.tp
This command will allow you to add a permission node to a group you have defined in the config file.

Remove a Permission from a group:
/pex group <group name> remove <permission.node>
Ex: /pex group default remove essentials.tp
This command will allow you to remove a permission node to a group you have defined in the config file.

If you have anymore questions, inbox me on my YouTube channel ForsakenRealmz http://www.youtube.com/user/Forsakenrealmz
01/03/2014 1:09 am
Level 26 : Expert Scribe
Banjo565
01/03/2014 4:00 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Pokemon
DtigerCSK
The official PermissionsEX wiki is sufficient and has far more content. Sure, your tutorial may help people, but you've just restated what is already posted on the wiki. :P
12/30/2013 10:14 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Hunter
theIgloo
I do recommend doing what DtigerCSK said as if you run into problems or want to add something, you'll be able to. However if you insist on wanting someone to do it for you, send me a message with the prefixes for each rank, the commands you want each one to have and what you want them to be able to do. Please also be specific with what plugin the command is from, it will make it a lot easier on my side.

ie;
Member:
I want the prefix to be: &6[Member]&r
I want them to have /home, /spawn, /sethome, /warp, /help.
I want them to be able to lock things with LWC.
12/30/2013 7:50 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Pokemon
DtigerCSK
It would be best if you did it yourself. Permissions configurations depend on which plugins you have and personal preference. It's not that hard to find permission nodes, just look at a plugin's wiki or documentation and it should be there. Permission nodes usually are composed of [plugin].[command], but don't rely on that all the time. Again, check with the plugins' wiki or documentation. Also, read PermissionsEX's wiki, everything you need is there.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome