Scammed out of $90 by a "builder" - Help?

grxnt's Avatar grxnt5/19/18 4:51 pm history
3 emeralds 316 3
5/19/2018 5:19 pm
Stubbs1's Avatar Stubbs1
Hi guys, was in the process of making a server - hired a builder, which I will never do again, and should have trusted my instincts on, because anyone who can happily do it for free is 100% better. Paid half at the beginning, which if you will believe came to $90, and he did nothing. Said he had finals, it's been three weeks, hasn't contacted me, won't refund me, wont talk to me at all, dropped off the face of the earth, and I just want my money back, man.

So if anyone knows how I can get my money back, that would be fantastic. Advice for anyone out there thinking of hiring a builder - just do it yourself, paying money for people to build in a game is useless.
\
Here's his mc-market page.

-snip-
grxnt
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/19/2018 5:19 pmhistory
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
If you haven't already then do these 3 things to give yourself the best odds of getting your money back.
(I've been scammed too, and I got my money back by doing this)

1. If you used paypal you can always withdraw any transaction. You just have to submit a report saying that the person scammed you.
2. Report him on Mc-Market for being a scammer. The Admins on there will react quickly and the person who scammed you will have 3 days to answer before getting perm-ban.
3. NEVER hire a builder that does NOT have any vouchers on Mc-Market. Always go for builders like this: -snip- (That's my old account, and I'm using it as an example - You'd wanna look at the Reactions recived, and the Vouches. If they have a low Reaction score, that means they are either not very nice, not trust worthy, or they're new to the site.
If they don't have any vouchers, then DON'T buy from them. Vouchers are saying "This guy does his job well.")

I hope the issue get's resolved.
Also I PM'ed you something.
05/19/2018 5:00 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
how was it paid? also i would say to get in touch with the site admins and explain whats happened
05/19/2018 4:59 pmhistory
Level 1 : New Miner
MasterofLight1
if you paid via paypal, you can screenshot the attempts to contact him and file a dispute, 9 out of 10 times paypal will refund you the money, they will attempt to contact him first with your dispute message, and see if you guys can resolve it before hand, if he either doesn't respond in 30 days, or tells them something against the screenshots that is an obvious lie, they will refund you the money, and if he tries to fight it, they will just ask you for further screenshots. do a dispute if via PayPal and it should resolve itself. however, you may want to remove the post before a mod sees it, as you can't request anything even help regarding money on pmc. add me on discord Godlikewars#1714 and I will try an help you recover your money with other methods if that doesn't work, I had to go through that before, nothing is wrong with paid jobs, there will always be scammers.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome