Shaders aren't working. (None)

2 emeralds 4 replies 69 views | started 11/23/2017 4:12 pm by Wizare
Okay, so I have a weird error with my MC.
Before anything, here are some things to note and my specs:

CPU: Core 2 duo @ 2.00 GHz
GPU: NVidia Quadro FX 3700 @ 512 MB
RAM: 5.00 GB
HDD: 480 GB
(All drivers updated, etc).

Running Minecraft on Forge 1.8.9 with only Worldedit, BetterSprint, and Optifine.
P.S: I'm not having any FPS problems whatsoever so I'm sure it's not a hardware-related problem.

So whenever I try to load a shader mod inside optifine, it loads fine. (gives me options to change shader settings etc.).
However when I try to go into a world, it goes into: "Building terrain", but then the text just disappears and it's just that dirt screen. (It doesn't go to the "downloading terrain") part and it just stays on the dirt screen and completely freezes.
I'd be really glad if someone could help me ASAP, having this problem for quite a while now and I really wanted to test out the shaders.
-Wizare
Posted by avatar
Wizare
Level 1 : New Miner

4 replies

11/23/2017 9:08 pm
Level 5 Apprentice Explorer
Fade IN
There is no way your system has the power to be able to run shaders
11/23/2017 4:35 pm
Level 43 Master Blockhead
LeeTheENTP
I'm sorry, but your system isn't powerful enough to handle shaders.
11/23/2017 4:41 pm
Level 1 New Miner
Wizare
Like I said, I'm more than sure that my system can handle the shaders I want to install.
I'm considering that from the videos I've seen on shaders that people use with lower specs than mine, and if I can run battlefield 3 on high, then there's no question about not being able to run a low-end shader mod. I know you may have said that due to the processor being core 2 duo, (and I know, it's ancient), but shaders are mainly GPU reliant, and they sure work just fine with the graphics card I have right now.
11/23/2017 5:10 pm
Level 43 Master Blockhead
LeeTheENTP
I was talking solely about your GPU. I used to have that Quadro, and shaders simply weren't an option. If you want to run them, I suggest picking up something like a GT 1030. It's an affordable Pascal-based graphics card that is just over 3.5x faster.

Search

Browse

Site

© planetminecraft.com

Welcome