home Forumsplay_arrow Minecraft fiber_manual_record Help

Shaders mostly work, except for the water reflections.

1 emerald8 replies77 views
created 09/13/2018 11:40 pm by JoeInOh2
last reply 09/15/2018 2:47 pm
I have tried almost all shaders and all of them work fine EXCEPT for the water reflections. The water surface looks like a flat mostly transparent sheet. The only shader that has the water reflections working is SUES v11. But of course that shader impacts the framerate too much for my tastes. What are the usual suspects??? thanks?

My PC specs:

NVidia Geforce GTX 650

CPU AMD FX 4130

8 GB RAM

Posted by avatar
JoeInOh2
Level 1 : New Miner

8 replies

09/14/2018 6:01 am
Level 54 Grandmaster Artist
oakar567
What version of the game, with shaderpacks and what Optifine version.

For me most of the shaderpacks work with water on 1.12.2 and I have exacly the same graphic card.

Also see if your drivers are up to date.
or
try change some shader settings maybe.
09/14/2018 3:28 pm
Level 1 New Miner
JoeInOh2
No good, I updated to the latest drivers, 399.24 from 388.xx and water reflections still don't work...just my luck eh? I tried to mess around with the shader settings, but to no avail...what are the usual settings that may have been changed to stop the reflections from working but I just didn't realize what the name of those settings are?
09/14/2018 5:18 pm
Level 54 Grandmaster Artist
oakar567
Some shader's don't have setting to turn on/off water reflections but if they do it's mostly "water_reflection" or "block_reflection"

Hmm, any info on chat when applying the shaderpack?

Also you can send me the latest log file to pastebin or something similar - maybe there will be some useful info
File is named 'latest' and is located in .minecraft/logs folder.

Search

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2018
planetminecraft.com

Welcome