Some Questions on Making a Server

stoatsnhoney's Avatar stoatsnhoney3/31/18 7:58 pm
1 emeralds 217 4
4/6/2018 11:25 am
kdsfo's Avatar kdsfo
I have the following questions (please answer whatever you can):

1. So I want to start a Minecraft server but I have a MacBook Pro, which isn't the best computer for hosting a server. Is it possible for someone else to host the server and do the technical stuff and I do the building of the actual server and we sort of co-own? If so, does anyone want to do that with me? I want to create a city rp server. I am willing to co-own with someone I just want to be able to have full permitions on the server and stuff, and I can do a lot of work but if anyone hosted for me I would gladly let them do whatever they wanted with the server!
  2. Is it possible to use Forge mods like Mr Crayfish's furniture mod on a server that you make?
stoatsnhoney
Level 26 : Expert Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/06/2018 11:25 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Architect
kdsfo
HostHorde has one of the greatest and cheapest options for you to use.. Hosting on a computer is a very difficult way to do it.

Forge Mods to be used have to be downloaded in by a platform from the OFFICIAL FORGE WEBSITE
Look for the Forge Server file in your desired version :)
04/06/2018 10:52 amhistory
Level 51 : Grandmaster Procrastinator
agentdid127
Using a hosting service is a great option. Spigot is a great program for plugins with minecraft servers.

Spoiler - click to reveal

Spigot has many "plugins" which you can just download and place on your server very easily. Plugins can add ranks such as VIP or staff ranks, as well as add many non-visual things. Custom Commands are a great option for this.

If you wanted to use a mod, like Crayfish's, you would have to get the downloader for Forge. Forge is a well-used mod loader. Crayfish's mod runs right off of it, which makes it easier. If you need a download for it, here it is:

The only issue with using Mods, is that everyone who is playing on the server, has to have every single mod on their computer as well. This can take a bit of storage, and can lag computers a lot after a while, especially if there are a lot of modded blocks.

I hope this suits your needs.

~Agentdid127
04/06/2018 10:53 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Procrastinator
agentdid127
there also are plenty of hosing options availible to do such a thing if you need a host, here is one I quickly found

03/31/2018 8:15 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
Usually what people do is that they buy a Host and then hire a developer to take care of all the plugins and such. I know some websites offer hosting services for down to 2$ every month, but that's usually a server for you and your friends.

About the mods: I'm not sure (Because I don't know how the whole Plugins and such with servers work) but I could recommend starting something like a Tekkit server if you want to mod your minecraft server.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome