MC texture help! Orange Wool Issue

ShadowKittyCrescent's Avatar ShadowKittyCrescent3/21/13 12:14 am
1 emeralds 619 8
3/27/2013 1:50 am
ShadowKittyCrescent's Avatar ShadowKittyCrescent
I've been making a private texture pack for my friends and I since beta. needless to say, the change to 1.5 was a little rough.

My orange wool is for whatever reason, taking from both the compass texture and orange wool texture. It flip flops constantly. I'm not sure what went wrong, or how to fix it. Under the 'textures' folder, under 'blocks', I have orange wool labeled as cloth_1

Can someone please kindly help me with this frustrating issue?

Error

Orange Wool Normally
ShadowKittyCrescent
Level 1 : New Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/27/2013 1:50 am
ShadowKittyCrescent
I wish someone would have helped me, but alas.

To anyone experiencing this wool problem, it is because of Optifine for Minecraft 1.5. If you switch to their latest, 1.5.1, you should have no troubles.
03/22/2013 3:02 pm
ShadowKittyCrescent
That's what I'm thinking, but I'm not sure how. I have it under the 'items' folder and not 'blocks', and as far as I know, you're supposed to simply name it compass. I tried adding the txt compass file too, which made my compass work fine, but it's not resolving the issue of the switching textures.
03/22/2013 2:10 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Pegasus
DasDuriel
i would say you messed up the file for the compass animation
03/22/2013 1:17 pm
ShadowKittyCrescent
That did not work either..
03/21/2013 2:07 am
ShadowKittyCrescent
I personally use Optifine, and it's not helping me nor my server buddies at all. Also, Optifine only fixes custom textures to my knowledge, such as lava and water.
03/22/2013 10:49 am
Level 1 : New Miner
TrAgiKneSS
Hm. Then try McPatcher. Just google it.
03/21/2013 1:24 am
Level 1 : New Miner
TrAgiKneSS
You need to patch the texture pack. You can do that in 2 ways. The easiest is Optifine. Its a mod for minecraft that fixes texture packs and lag. Or McPatcher which is more complex. You download the program; that's all I really know about McPatcher because I use optifine. So I suggest Optifine, easier and better.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome