Unable to downgrade from 1.13.1 to .12.2

Kalos_Champion_Diantha's Avatar Kalos_Champion_Diantha9/13/18 3:46 pm
9/14/2018 1:23 pm
Kalos_Champion_Diantha's Avatar Kalos_Champion_Diantha
I'd like to downgrade from the current version to the previous 1.12.2 version so I could enjoy going to servers and having resource packs in my game without having to wait or the modders to update servers/resource packs. I did what the instructions told me,but I am unable to play the earlier version. Is this because I started out with version 1.13.1?
Posted by Kalos_Champion_Diantha's Avatar
Kalos_Champion_Diantha
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/14/2018 1:23 pm
Kalos_Champion_Diantha
Thanks,Dwellur! That helped a lot!
09/14/2018 1:12 pm
Kalos_Champion_Diantha
What other tab do I switch to? And it also says "Download server" next to the version I chose-should I download the server,too?
09/14/2018 1:15 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Mage
Xenku
There you go.
09/14/2018 3:39 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
You will need to create a new profile in your Minecraft launcher.

See; by default the game only starts the latest version of the game, which is 1.13 right now.

How to set up your profile

Click on the three dashes in your launcher (upper right corner) and the menu tabs will appear. Click on the last tab: launch options. You probably have 1 profile called "Latest release". So then click "add new" and select the proper version. For example 'release 1.12.2'. Give it a good name, optionally change the icon to make it easier to recognize this new profile (do that by clicking on the icon) and then click 'save'.

Now switch to another tab and you'll notice that you now have an arrow in the green button at the bottom. Click on it and you can select which profile (and therefor which version) to play with. This will even allow you to play on servers which are still using 1.8 (usually PVP servers).

Hope this helped!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome