Updating Vanilla server from 1.11.2 to any newer version reverts to old save of the world?

Shibetarian's Avatar Shibetarian12/13/18 6:46 pm
1 emeralds 144 2
12/17/2018 9:24 pm
Shibetarian's Avatar Shibetarian
My friends have been wanting me to update my 1.11.2 server to the latest version, for all the new blocks and underwater things. However, every time I try to update the server, upon running it I notice that it reverts to a really old save of the server, one that doesn't have all the new things that i've built in it. Whats weird as well, is even if I make a copy of the world in 1.11.2, the original version it was made in, and open in it single player mode (also still running on the same version,) it still does the same thing as if i've upgraded, which is to say reverting to an old save. But if I run the original 1.11.2 server, everything is there and it works fine. How do I fix this? Is there a way to delete old save states and just keep the latest one, or what? I feel like whats happening is that it must be accessing the wrong save state, but i'm not sure. Really could use some help here.
Shibetarian
Level 1 : New Miner