Vanilla vs Spigot

DrexHD's Avatar DrexHD10/31/17 3:41 am
1 emeralds 1.5k 4
11/1/2017 2:08 am
Extral1f3's Avatar Extral1f3
Hello, i am actually hosting a Spigot Server, but i want to change it to vanilla so i can update it as soon as a new version of minecraft comes out, but as i have changed a couple of times between Spigot and Vanilla, Spigot is even with plugins doing better in performance than vanilla, do you know why that is so and why mojang dont do it as Spigot does, (I am using a lot of functions, and on Vanilla its even lagging if i am alone on the server)
Infos:
Version: 1.12.2
RAM: 8GB

DrexHD
Level 28 : Expert Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/01/2017 2:08 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
Extral1f3
Spigot for the win man!
11/01/2017 1:40 amhistory
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
I remember back in the CraftBukkit days, where we were lucky to get a version update a week after Mojang released a new patch - usually it took two weeks or more. These days, Spigot's slow if it takes them a week to push out an update.

I wouldn't worry about being left behind whenever a patch comes out - Spigot's very good about staying up to date.
10/31/2017 11:01 pmhistory
Level 31 : Artisan Procrastinator
Thymph
Stay with spigot. The updates dont take that long to come out and if you don't update for a bit (like a day or so) the server should still be compatible with the newer version, as long as it wasnt a major update.
10/31/2017 6:11 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Cake
carbonawk
1 the text size, really?
2 if you want help tell us exactly how you have your server configured.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome