Weird Zombie Glitch

Swanlet's Avatar Swanlet1/18/19 11:35 pm
2 emeralds 226 5
1/19/2019 2:01 pm
Swanlet's Avatar Swanlet
So I am currently working on an adventure map where you fight zombies and skeletons and stuff, I made a move that gives any nearby zombies instant damage and it doesn't seem to hurt them. I tried just normally giving them instant damage and nothing is happening, at first, I thought that maybe instant damage only works for players so I tried it on other mobs, and I realized that some mobs are just glitchy and don't take damage from it, i'm wondering if there's any commands that can damage zombies and skeletons and stuff, since instant damage doesn't seem to work, I tried doing the wither effect and that works, however i'd rather a command that does damage all at once and not overtime.
Swanlet
Level 37 : Artisan Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/19/2019 1:14 am
Swanlet
Okay so I took your advice, kinda odd they decided to do that, but now I'm running into a different problem, on my PVE map I wanna do a command that deals 3 hearts to all bad guys, only problem is if I do instant health it will hurt the zombies and skeletons, but the spiders and creepers won't be affected. I'm wondering if there's a universal damage other than wither poisoning because that's not instant that I can use for the map, if not i'll have to do an indiviusal command for each mob, giving instant health to zombies and instant damage to skeletons
01/19/2019 6:41 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
InfiniteCorners
I don't believe there is. The way I would do what you are tying to do is I'd set up repeating, always-active command blocks that assign a scoreboard score of undead=1 to all mobs classified as undead (zombies, skeletons, phantoms, husks, strays, etc) and a score of hostilemob=1 to all hostile mobs that are considered living (spiders, creepers, witches, guardians, etc) so that the instant any mob is generated, regarless of natural or spawned, will end up being grouped into either the undead or hostilemob group which then you could target with instant health or damage. This way instead of targeting [type=creeper] and so you you just target [scores={hostilemob=1}] to target all mobs that will be effected by instant damage.
01/19/2019 2:01 pm
Swanlet
okay thanks, I did that on my map works! thanks for the help
01/19/2019 12:28 am
Level 42 : Master Architect
Zodus
Instant damage doesn’t affect the dead (zombie mobs, skeleton mobs, phantoms, you know, dead things).

Instant health on the other hand does do damage.
Just switch to instant health and you’ll be fine.
01/19/2019 12:31 am
Level 42 : Master Architect
Zodus
It is completely intentional, they made it like that.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome