Why is My Server Not Growing? (0-1 Player On a Day)

avrona's Avatar avrona8/23/16 9:14 am
8/30/2016 3:03 pm
Lola's Avatar Lola
So, I run the server Avrona World, which is now 1 year and 4 months. However ever since it became public, it hasn't grown. At all. In 16 months! Only around 0-1 people join a day. And I don't mean it grows by 0-1 people a day. Just sometimes at least one person logs on. I've been asking people why for a while now. People have been investigating, but no answers so far. People say things like just to put it on server lists. But I already have. 7 months ago. On 7 different ones. And it isn't a hated type of server like Factions. In fact it is a unique one. So, why?

If you need any more info, or if you got an answer, please reply below. It is extremely important to me.
avrona
Level 40 : Master Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/30/2016 3:03 pm
Level 40 : Master Goblin
Lola
Locked this thread, this thread causes nothing but arguments.
08/30/2016 2:58 pm
Level 75 : Legendary Gent
Zitzabis
avrona3. The reason reads "Flaming and fighting other members. Please don't use alt accounts". Besides --- has been talking about flaming and arguing for a while before the incident. Seriously, what else had I left to do?

If you have an issue with a moderation action or moderator themselves, please file a ticket. As it stands with other matters you have voiced (which we have records of), I can firmly state to not discuss this publicly as it is spreading false information and building an illegitimate case against something that didn't happen (again, we have records).
08/30/2016 2:39 pm
avrona
1. I guess we got that sorted out.
3. The reason reads "Flaming and fighting other members. Please don't use alt accounts". Besides -snip- has been talking about flaming and arguing for a while before the incident. Seriously, what else had I left to do?
4. It was just blacklisting the server, simple as that.
5. Well obviously that's not all you can do. There is a lot to do.
7. All anomalies give the same output unfortunatly,

http://imgur.com/a/neeMU
08/30/2016 2:51 pm
Level 24 : Expert Network
MatthewKilp
1) Good.
2) Follow the rules that the staff were trying to get you to follow.
4) It's not forcefully stopping players to connect, so it's not blacklisting. It's feedback from the time I was able to play. You should value the feedback.
5) From my video, and my playtime, I couldn't exit spawn. I'd fix that and see if players stay any longer.
7) OK, fair enough. Could I see a screenshot of the contents of those command blocks?
08/30/2016 1:57 pm
avrona
1. You see yourself, two of those issues were already talked about (24/7 an snapshots). You just said it yourself. The third one was not ignored as there was nothing in the first place.
2. you like preparing for the worst.
3. What's fair? And what evidence? And there was an advantage as you had a not backed-up member with banning capabilities. And why what?
4. for playing, sure. And how can you prove that there is something wrong and it, you know... just didn't do it's job?! And I can handle feedback. That comment was just blacklisting and mean and unhelpful.
5. I've already seen it. And you kind of answered your own question there with "what the server allowed me to see".
7. So you were arguing? And it does work well. Again how can you prove (the same question I can ask the person that backed you up in chat for no reason). And spyfort doesn't store info on why people were banned, neither do I. So I just couldn't answer the question, simple as that.
08/30/2016 2:09 pm
MatthewKilp
1) I know. I was proving I had given some valid feedback despite your anti cheat not being counted to you.
3) How is someone with banning capabilities helping me? You got banned for using an alt, not for asking for feedback.
4) It's not mean. It's constructive and (very) critical feedback. The last company I gave feedback like that to respected it & has started working on fixing the 7 or so issues I reported to them (yes, not a server, a registered company who care about stuff not working)
5) Well, you denied that it wouldn't take me anywhere. You now know. Why does someone play on a server where all they can do is run around a hub (that is if the 'anti-cheat' doesn't ban them)
7) If it can find so called 'anomalies' for different reasons than maybe channel off the output when something happens to give a different ban reason. I showed video footage of a vanilla client, me joining, playing, and getting banned. Evidence can't really go much further than that. Please tell me how my evidence isn't valid, and how to improve it next time - I'd like some feedback so that my feedback in future is more valid & helps others more.

Have you got a screenshot of the anti cheat system mechanisms ready yet & the contents of one or two command blocks?
08/30/2016 1:28 pm
avrona
1. all help is wanted, however not sure you would provide any.
2. Does it make a difference? That even meant a load more things only we know about.
3. I was. First of all I wasn't arguing, I was doing as much as you. Plus she just believed you and other random people for no reason. How is that fair might I ask?
4. How doesn't that prove that you were doing as much as me (so apparently nothing) in chat? And how does that have anything to do with feedback, which I can take FYI. And once again with dumb comments. No moving is not against the rules, are you glued to that soap box or something.
5. In that case, please explain in full detail. Unless you can show me a screenshot of it, in which case I apologies for this comment & will remove it, from what i've seen there is no way it's true?

You summed up back there what this coversation needed from your side even though you asked me.

6. I'm going up to my PC to do that now.
7. It's not confusing. And it's already finished so... what's the point of that argument?
08/30/2016 1:41 pm
MatthewKilp
1) I tried, it seems to have been ignored (anticheat), not possible (24/7), or at least in consideration (snapshot loosing players).
2) You asked why - I gave an answer. If moderators go through this, they'd want to know how I knew both users were on the same IP, so they now know.
3) It's fair as there was evidence suggesting it. Generally, people putting time into helping others with their servers aren't going to make stuff up. There were more people on one side of the argument, which is probably why.
4) It shows the anticheat system has banned me twice for playing. That means there is most likely something wrong with it. If you can handle feedback, why did you delete my comment on your server outlining my experience rather than replying to it?
5) Once again, see the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKgQg1CdsEo . The only thing I saw in the time the server allowed me to play was the obstacle course, which killed me each time. The doors with bedrock in seem like they are meant to lead somewhere, but are inaccessible.
6) OK, sounds good.
7) Arguing as from my experience. as well as others, it doesn't appear to be working that well. Someone else on your server page commented they were banned, and asked why. You gave the response 'If it says you are banned, you are banned.'. That is just so unhelpful to that player. If you are unable to explain why someone is banned, then you are just loosing yourself players for no valid reason.
08/30/2016 1:16 pm
MatthewKilp
avrona
I'm just ignoring this thread from now on, it's going no where. The case does exist, even moderators on PlanetMinecraft support that idea. You used an alt (well, it was at least another account on your IP - source: moderator on chat) on live chat to try to argue with me - that is immature behavior. Breaking the rules shows a lack of maturity to follow the rules you agreed to joining the site.
I will give up fighting. After all, it's your server, and if you don't want to acknowledge there's an issue, that's up to you. As others have pointed out, there is an issue & my guess is it will exist for a long time more, loosing you more players.
Why would a troll spend their time trying to help you improve their server? I gave my opinion, with video evidence to try and help you fix the issue.
Sorry, but I doubt you'd be able to create an anti cheat system from command blocks. Unless you can show me a screenshot of it, in which case I apologies for this comment & will remove it, from what i've seen there is no way you've done it. In this video on your YouTube channel, https://youtu.be/9UL8Tb34Ceo?t=3m18s , you state that JSON text is hard to edit without using a website to help. If that's hard, sorry, but there's no way of you having a working anti cheat system on your server from command blocks.

1. Something isn't going anywhere and that's your case against... well no one even knows. and if you don't care about it, then why are you still "trying" to make a point?
2. why that random source thing? This isn't wiki where you have to put citations everywhere.
3. You think I had any other choice other than gh148? I was unlawfuly and meanly cornered by a staff member. gh148 was help to help show her the problem. I'm now stuck using chat on The Minecraft Forum, which may be one of the most broken things ever. And who's fault is it I got banned?
4. Give up fighting? Proves my point of being unlawfuly cornered when there were other issues out there.
5. I want to acknowledge issues, just there is nothing so far to acknowledge.
6.I have already created an anti-hack system. And a screenshot? It's just a bunch of command blocks. But sure, I will get a screenshot. Besides, how else do you think it's working so far if it supposably doesn't exist?
7. JSON is different to an anti-hack system. And I didn't create the whole system myself.

1) I wanted to help you improve your server. I no longer do.
2) So others know how I got that information & so I'm not accused of making things up.
3) You weren't cornered. You were just told to stop arguing & I was told that you were aware of issues with your 'cheat' system, yet you hadn't fixed it.
4) No, it doesn't. It shows how you still can't take in feedback no matter how many times it has been given. The anti-cheat system banned me 2 times for running round hub, that is definitely wrong (to me anyway, but maybe moving is against your rules).
5) There are. If this doesn't seem an issue, what about how confusing spawn is? No exits, ect.
6) I'd love to see a screenshot of it, along with the content of 1 or 2 of the command blocks - just so I have an idea - I like the principal behind your 100% vanilla server. Maybe just manually banning, I mean, that's the only reason I see of it giving a different ban message each time I was banned. The lack of consistency sort of made me wary.
7) I know it's different. But if JSON is confusing, then an anti-hack system in command blocks will be more confusing.

I'm not arguing the point any more, there's no use, whether it exists or not. I will reply if there are any other things brought up after this message in regards to other points though.
08/30/2016 1:05 pm
avrona
I'm just ignoring this thread from now on, it's going no where. The case does exist, even moderators on PlanetMinecraft support that idea. You used an alt (well, it was at least another account on your IP - source: moderator on chat) on live chat to try to argue with me - that is immature behavior. Breaking the rules shows a lack of maturity to follow the rules you agreed to joining the site.
I will give up fighting. After all, it's your server, and if you don't want to acknowledge there's an issue, that's up to you. As others have pointed out, there is an issue & my guess is it will exist for a long time more, loosing you more players.
Why would a troll spend their time trying to help you improve their server? I gave my opinion, with video evidence to try and help you fix the issue.
Sorry, but I doubt you'd be able to create an anti cheat system from command blocks. Unless you can show me a screenshot of it, in which case I apologies for this comment & will remove it, from what i've seen there is no way you've done it. In this video on your YouTube channel, https://youtu.be/9UL8Tb34Ceo?t=3m18s , you state that JSON text is hard to edit without using a website to help. If that's hard, sorry, but there's no way of you having a working anti cheat system on your server from command blocks.

1. Something isn't going anywhere and that's your case against... well no one even knows. and if you don't care about it, then why are you still "trying" to make a point?
2. why that random source thing? This isn't wiki where you have to put citations everywhere.
3. You think I had any other choice other than gh148? I was unlawfuly and meanly cornered by a staff member. gh148 was help to help show her the problem. I'm now stuck using chat on The Minecraft Forum, which may be one of the most broken things ever. And who's fault is it I got banned?
4. Give up fighting? Proves my point of being unlawfuly cornered when there were other issues out there.
5. I want to acknowledge issues, just there is nothing so far to acknowledge.
6.I have already created an anti-hack system. And a screenshot? It's just a bunch of command blocks. But sure, I will get a screenshot. Besides, how else do you think it's working so far if it supposably doesn't exist?
7. JSON is different to an anti-hack system. And I didn't create the whole system myself.
08/30/2016 12:47 pm
MatthewKilp
avrona
How is that not video evidence? It is a video that shows me joining your server, running around spawn, viewing settings to show it's a Vanilla client with no hacks in it, and getting banned at one point. I wasn't being sarcastic - if your system is as good as you see it as being, then I've learnt of a new hack today - sprinting. Ok, that bit there may be sarcasm, however giving you feedback doesn't highlight immaturity. You are showing immaturity by choosing to ignore the issues - a moderator on livechat even told me you'd been told about this before & are still ignoring the issue.

I'm interested in how the anticheat system works though - I've only really worked with plugins, and am interested to know how you've done it. I never knew command blocks were able to track player activity,

Again, got a lot to cover.

1.you were being sarcastic with the whole playing and sprinting. Seriously just stop. You're making a non-existant case even more cringy and dumb.
2.giving feedback is not immature. Doing what you are doing now is. Besides do I have to remind you that you got me banned from PMC chat for 3 days. I have plenty of time to reply to whatever you think of posting.
3.Me? Immaturity. You just don't when to give up fighting for nothing. Seriously, what on earth is wrong? Did I miss something? Or are you just a troll?
4.I am not ignoring any issue.
5. it's a bunch of execute commands searching for a variety of anomalies.

Sorry, but I doubt you'd be able to create an anti cheat system from command blocks. Unless you can show me a screenshot of it, in which case I apologies for this comment & will remove it, from what i've seen there is no way you've done it. In this video on your YouTube channel, https://youtu.be/9UL8Tb34Ceo?t=3m18s, you state that JSON text is hard to edit without using a website to help. If that's hard, sorry, but there's no way of you having a working anti cheat system on your server from command blocks.
08/30/2016 12:38 pm
avrona
How is that not video evidence? It is a video that shows me joining your server, running around spawn, viewing settings to show it's a Vanilla client with no hacks in it, and getting banned at one point. I wasn't being sarcastic - if your system is as good as you see it as being, then I've learnt of a new hack today - sprinting. Ok, that bit there may be sarcasm, however giving you feedback doesn't highlight immaturity. You are showing immaturity by choosing to ignore the issues - a moderator on livechat even told me you'd been told about this before & are still ignoring the issue.

I'm interested in how the anticheat system works though - I've only really worked with plugins, and am interested to know how you've done it. I never knew command blocks were able to track player activity,

Again, got a lot to cover.

1.you were being sarcastic with the whole playing and sprinting. Seriously just stop. You're making a non-existant case even more cringy and dumb.
2.giving feedback is not immature. Doing what you are doing now is. Besides do I have to remind you that you got me banned from PMC chat for 3 days. I have plenty of time to reply to whatever you think of posting.
3.Me? Immaturity. You just don't when to give up fighting for nothing. Seriously, what on earth is wrong? Did I miss something? Or are you just a troll?
4.I am not ignoring any issue.
5. it's a bunch of execute commands searching for a variety of anomalies.
08/30/2016 12:31 pm
MatthewKilp
avrona
You've got the video evidence now, can you explain the hack I was banned for? I never knew the ability to move in Minecraft was a hack. If you are unable to explain with detail why it banned me, I believe you need to fix the system.

Oh boy, so much to cover.

1. How is that video evidence?
2. There is no need sarcasm in a case that never existed. Just proves your immaturity.
3. I can explain in detail why you got banned: spyfort banned you for hacking. Anything left to say? No. So case closed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKgQg1CdsEo
How is that not video evidence? It is a video that shows me joining your server, running around spawn, viewing settings to show it's a Vanilla client with no hacks in it, and getting banned at one point. I wasn't being sarcastic - if your system is as good as you see it as being, then I've learnt of a new hack today - sprinting. Ok, that bit there may be sarcasm, however giving you feedback doesn't highlight immaturity. You are showing immaturity by choosing to ignore the issues - a moderator on livechat even told me you'd been told about the issues with your 'anti-hack' system before & are still ignoring the issue.
I was also hoping for more detail than 'spyfort banned you for hacking' - can you tell me the name of the hack I am supposedly using?

08/30/2016 12:24 pm
avrona
You've got the video evidence now, can you explain the hack I was banned for? I never knew the ability to move in Minecraft was a hack. If you are unable to explain with detail why it banned me, I believe you need to fix the system.

Oh boy, so much to cover.

1. How is that video evidence?
2. There is no need sarcasm in a case that never existed. Just proves your immaturity.
3. I can explain in detail why you got banned: spyfort banned you for hacking. Anything left to say? No. So case closed.
08/30/2016 12:21 pm
MatthewKilp
avrona
- Make the server 24/7 as others have suggested. This is the only way players will stay (or even join)

Here is the problem: I can't.

I understand that, however your question is why the server isn't growing, and that is a large part of the issue.

avrona
- Regularly bump the server on PlanetMinecraft so players see it.

Already doing that.

Well, PMC says it was last bumped 21 days ago.

avrona
- Don't use snapshot versions. Use latest release builds that most players use so you increase the chances of a player connecting.

It's only temporary until 1.11 or 1.10.3 comes out.

It may only be temporary, but it is still preventing your server growing by limiting the players that join.

avrona
- Your portals at spawn are bedrock. The only thing that you can get to is an obstacle avoidance course. How do players get to the game modes advertised?

There are no portals and the bedrock is just bedrock.

Well, where do players go to access gamemodes? There is no way out from what I saw.

avrona
Fix your anti-cheat system. You seem to have the idea that it works perfectly, and are ignoring the fact it doesn't work. (video of it banning here: (nope) - as you can see, just bans when I move near the end of the video.)

Again, there is nothing wrong with it.

You've got the video evidence now, can you explain the hack I was banned for? I never knew the ability to move in Minecraft was a hack. If you are unable to explain with detail why it banned me, I believe you need to fix the system. Also, both times I was banned it gave different messages, why do you give different messages on each ban for the same reason?
08/30/2016 12:13 pm
avrona
- Make the server 24/7 as others have suggested. This is the only way players will stay (or even join)

Here is the problem: I can't.

Already doing that.

- Don't use snapshot versions. Use latest release builds that most players use so you increase the chances of a player connecting.

It's only temporary until 1.11 or 1.10.3 comes out.

- Your portals at spawn are bedrock. The only thing that you can get to is an obstacle avoidance course. How do players get to the game modes advertised?

There are no portals and the bedrock is just bedrock.

Fix your anti-cheat system. You seem to have the idea that it works perfectly, and are ignoring the fact it doesn't work. (video of it banning here: (nope) - as you can see, just bans when I move near the end of the video.)

Again, there is nothing wrong with it.

- Listen to the feedback people are giving.

Already doing that.

"Everyone's out to get me" is really great encouragement. >.>

it's just something to do with what happend eariler.
08/30/2016 11:20 am
MatthewKilp
As mentioned on the chat widget earlier, here are my feedback points. Putting them here so that anyone else interested in giving feedback has an idea of what has already been mentioned. Some of this has already been mentioned, but I feel hasn't been addressed yet.

- Fix your anti-cheat system. You seem to have the idea that it works perfectly, and are ignoring the fact it doesn't work. (video of it banning here: https://youtu.be/gKgQg1CdsEo - as you can see, just bans when I move near the end of the video.)
- Listen to the feedback people are giving. These are all things that may help you get players.
08/30/2016 5:51 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
gh148
Don't worry avrona. Even mods are biased against you here.
08/30/2016 6:04 am
avrona
Thanks.
08/28/2016 5:43 am
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
might help if it was running 24/7 just pinged it and its showing offline
08/28/2016 6:00 am
avrona
so?
08/30/2016 10:32 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
It does make a more professional presentation to be online at all times.

I suppose that furthers a point of you can only do so much free.

gh148Don't worry avrona. Even mods are biased against you here.

"Everyone's out to get me" is really great encouragement. >.>
08/28/2016 6:17 am
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
not having it online doesnt help get people on your server, im sure you know this already though
08/27/2016 5:16 pm
avrona
Whats anti hacking got to do with me getting banned for saying opinions?
Also how do you have anti hacking in vanilla?

You didn't get banned for saying an opinion. Plus we just have it. Not sure how else to explain it.
08/27/2016 4:45 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Princess
PadawanAmy
avrona
When i first played i said, "This is confusing to understand, there are some plugins you could use to make it easier to understand"
Then you said "im not adding plugins its a vanilla server"
Then i got banned

I don't ban for no reason neither does our anti-hack system

Whats anti hacking got to do with me getting banned for saying opinions?
Also how do you have anti hacking in vanilla?
08/27/2016 4:23 pm
avrona
When i first played i said, "This is confusing to understand, there are some plugins you could use to make it easier to understand"
Then i got banned

I don't ban for no reason neither does our anti-hack system
08/27/2016 4:09 pm
PadawanAmy
avrona
Ben RulezThe reason you dont get many players is its not a good server, the players that join give suggestions and you reply "no thats dumb/that sucks" stuff along those lines and then ban people for giving their opinions, it has happened to me and a few others i know that you ban them for saying their opinions on the server. How are you supposed to improve if you dont want opinions and suggestions?

I am not bannnig people for giving opinions.

And I do want opinions and suggestions.

Then i got banned
08/27/2016 3:50 pm
avrona
Ben RulezThe reason you dont get many players is its not a good server, the players that join give suggestions and you reply "no thats dumb/that sucks" stuff along those lines and then ban people for giving their opinions, it has happened to me and a few others i know that you ban them for saying their opinions on the server. How are you supposed to improve if you dont want opinions and suggestions?

I am not bannnig people for giving opinions.

And I do want opinions and suggestions.
08/27/2016 3:24 pm
PadawanAmy
The reason you dont get many players is its not a good server, the players that join give suggestions and you reply "no thats dumb/that sucks" stuff along those lines and then ban people for giving their opinions, it has happened to me and a few others i know that you ban them for saying their opinions on the server. How are you supposed to improve if you dont want opinions and suggestions?

Also the fact the server isnt 24/7 and is offline a lot doesn't help

My suggestions: Listen to advice/ideas
Make the server 24/7
08/25/2016 8:08 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Dragon
rosedragon
Nitwick
rosedragonWhich one makes you thrilled to join?

Well, these days, neither :p But one that is similar to the second and describes something I haven't tried in MC has a possibility of catching to me.

The first and second are the same thing, only described differently.
08/25/2016 3:34 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Dragon
Glaz
You legit had so much advice given to you, regarding your server and youtube.

Its all your fault that its not growing due to you denying the advice you get.

Simple.
08/26/2016 3:09 am
avrona
What are you talking about?
08/25/2016 12:38 pm
avrona
No

No what?
08/25/2016 12:36 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Dragon
Glaz
No, you asked for advice and you were given advice, even by the mods.
08/25/2016 10:22 am
raidarr
rosedragonWhich one makes you thrilled to join?

Well, these days, neither :p But one that is similar to the second and describes something I haven't tried in MC has a possibility of catching to me.
08/25/2016 4:35 am
avrona
Server score: 0, votes this month: 0
Last updated: 16 days ago
No, you don't.

Erm... I do. 

And that's why I started this thread. To get some answers on why the numbers are the way they are.
08/25/2016 4:25 am
rosedragon
avronaI don't have problems with English.

This is from second line of your description: 'I say like because it is on a sinlge world,'
It is single not sinlge.
avronaAlready doing that.

Server score: 0, votes this month: 0
Last updated: 16 days ago
No, you don't.
Seeing all your responds tho I feel like I wasted my time here. Good luck.

Nitwick
You make it sound like he's google translating it from Chinese. It's really not that bad english, it knocks most of the threads around it way out of the water.
Is the syntax perfect? Not really. But it isn't all that bad :p

No, it is not google translate indeed but all info does cluttered into one paragraph. He could separates and go indepth on each different game mode, giving players a feeling of 'oh, sounds interesting, let's try.'
Here is an example:
1. Vanilla survival server.
vs
2. We provide an engaging survival environment where everyone get the same basic capabilities. There are no kits to help you, your destiny is yours.
Which one makes you thrilled to join?
08/24/2016 3:29 pm
raidarr
Random facts of a different server can be very strange out of context >.>
08/24/2016 1:39 pm
avrona
I just asked the same question on chat, and a whole bunch of people were suprised that players are in adventure mode on the server. I still have no idea why.
08/24/2016 11:12 am
avrona
You make it sound like he's google translating it from Chinese. It's really not that bad english, it knocks most of the threads around it way out of the water.

XD

tbh, English isn't my first language, but I know it fluently.
08/24/2016 10:24 am
raidarr
rosedragon4. Description text cluttered into a single paragraph with bad spelling. I can understand the difficulty of English, I got that too. But when I am going to post a text that will be the first thing my players going to see, I make sure others proof-read for me.

08/24/2016 5:01 am
avrona
Description text cluttered into a single paragraph with bad spelling. I can understand the difficulty of English, I got that too. But when I am going to post a text that will be the first thing my players going to see, I make sure others proof-read for me.

I don't have problems with English. I know it for 11 years and have top-notch grades in English.

forget it and get real life friends to play in it instead.

I only have one friend IRL that plays Minecraft.

Keep bumping and voting your own server everyday, on the same time it online.

Already doing that.

Check the top 10-100 servers on PMC, see how they do theirs server descriptions and learn from them.

Already doing that.

server's website not even on the pmc page or ANYWHERE.

The website is public but not finished yet.

Wordings, please do get a help!

Again, I have no trouble with English.

Include online status on website, considering it is not 24/7

Not sure possible in Weebly. Plus if it needs a plugin, I can't do it.

That 'new' parkour you showed looks really boring mechanic wise, bland build wise. Go play parkour maps and improve it?

Again already done that a lot, a long time ago and now. Plus that is just a blog post for the new parkour. It isn't public right now anymore, as the floor is grass and players get bannen for standing on grass, so it was removed for changed when the banning on grass was introduced.

Seriously, need to improve those builds.

???

Why video is not in pmc page?

idk, I just never put it there.

The cinematographer needs to stop goes through block and make the video annoyingly flicker.

It was a one-time thing so I can't tell him that or anything. Plus it was just too tight for the mod he used to not go into blocks.

Also adding you DO need staffs even if they are not for making sure people do not break rules. They are there to make the server looks welcoming and filled with people.

We don't need staff. We only have one, who is a friend of mine IRL, and he is in charge of building as I am terrible at it.
08/24/2016 3:23 am
rosedragon
You were gone when you asks stuffs on chat. Considering it is not about retention rate but more of getting people to visit.. I see your pmc page and can see how much glaring problems it have:
1. The first image in the banner is not even clear what it is. I do see it is grass blocks with small people in them but in that kind of size, there is nothing interesting there.
2. The banner text do not tell anything of what avrona world offers to players to test.
3. The builds displayed on the screenshots are not interesting.
4. Description text cluttered into a single paragraph with bad spelling. I can understand the difficulty of English, I got that too. But when I am going to post a text that will be the first thing my players going to see, I make sure others proof-read for me.
5. Description text doesn't sound interesting. It need better word play to describe the features.
6. The "Note: The server is not always on." surely going to turn down many. If you really can't have it 24/7, at very least state when the server is on. If server only available for 1-2 hours, forget it and get real life friends to play in it instead.
7. Keep bumping and voting your own server everyday, on the same time it online.
8. Check the top 10-100 servers on PMC, see how they do theirs server descriptions and learn from them.
9. server's website not even on the pmc page or ANYWHERE.

Website's feedbacks:
1. Wordings, please do get a help!
2. Include online status on website, considering it is not 24/7
3. That 'new' parkour you showed looks really boring mechanic wise, bland build wise. Go play parkour maps and improve it?

Video feedback:
1. Seriously, need to improve those builds.
2. Why video is not in pmc page?
3. The cinematographer needs to stop goes through block and make the video annoyingly flicker.

Also adding you DO need staffs even if they are not for making sure people do not break rules. They are there to make the server looks welcoming and filled with people.

Hope these help.
08/24/2016 12:21 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Network
KonoMax
Well I run a towny server that I started two months ago and we where quite busy until school started, people are busy with school, college, etc
08/24/2016 2:40 am
avrona
It's the exact same in the holidays.
08/23/2016 3:24 pm
avrona
bump
08/23/2016 12:30 pm
avrona
Advertising.
Advertise on PMC at around 3-6PM GMT times. If you do it in the morning in GMT time, you will not get many players. I think Planet Minecraft is a mostly Amercian website

Never knew there were these peak times. Thanks.

Plugins.
You may also want to have some custom plugins. Things like warps etc. look un-professional. Try making it as much like a famous server like Hypixel, HiveMC etc.

I have no plugins to begin with. My server is vanilla.

Friendly staff.
You should get a few staff. If you have 0-10 players you should have something like 2 admins, 2 moderators and 1 helper. Contact me on skype if you want some more information! Look below for my skype.

I have only one staff and he is in charge of building since I am rubbish at it. My server doesn't need any mods/admins though.

Website + Ranks.
You should really get some ranks for your server. Also, make a website. I do not reccomend Enjin. Buycraft is by far the best for a Minecraft website. I also think Weebly is nice and simple but, if you don't want ranks or a shop, use that.

We already have ranks for players that have many perks. Plus we have a website on Weebly. And you can have a store on weebly, and we have it on there. We also have forums on there, FAQs, and even a sort of wiki on the features of the server.

Advertising too early.
Another problem I ran into was that I started my server too early. I advertised it on PMC a few days after I made the server. I got so many players asking for OP or a staff position. It is young children wanting to be a super high staff position on your server. They will do this because I guess they want to grief the server. Also, they will say *OMG! I GOT ADMIN ON A SERVER! NONE OF YOU DO HAHAHAHAHAHAH* Do not say that, that is the most noob-thing ever!

I never give out OP or staff, etc. And the server is quite old now anyway. It's a year and 4 months.

I hope I helped to solve your problem! If this does not help contact me on skype and i'll try to help you even more.

Thanks but I didn't get a lot of answers, as I am already doing most of what you said. I don't use Skype, so can we just PM on PMC?
08/23/2016 11:26 am
Level 1 : New Network
AcornPlayz
Most servers do not get many players. Here is a list of what I think you need to get players.

Advertising.
Advertise on PMC at around 3-6PM GMT times. If you do it in the morning in GMT time, you will not get many players. I think Planet Minecraft is a mostly Amercian website.

Plugins.
You may also want to have some custom plugins. Things like warps etc. look un-professional. Try making it as much like a famous server like Hypixel, HiveMC etc.

Friendly staff.
You should get a few staff. If you have 0-10 players you should have something like 2 admins, 2 moderators and 1 helper. Contact me on skype if you want some more information! Look below for my skype.

Website + Ranks.
You should really get some ranks for your server. Also, make a website. I do not reccomend Enjin. Buycraft is by far the best for a Minecraft website. I also think Weebly is nice and simple but, if you don't want ranks or a shop, use that.

Advertising too early.
Another problem I ran into was that I started my server too early. I advertised it on PMC a few days after I made the server. I got so many players asking for OP or a staff position. It is young children wanting to be a super high staff position on your server. They will do this because I guess they want to grief the server. Also, they will say *OMG! I GOT ADMIN ON A SERVER! NONE OF YOU DO HAHAHAHAHAHAH* Do not say that, that is the most noob-thing ever!

I hope I helped to solve your problem! If this does not help contact me on skype and i'll try to help you even more.
08/23/2016 10:06 am
raidarr
Wasn't this answered a few times?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome